Blacked out rear end suggestions

Khandren

Registered
Hey guys, long time reader first time poster here. I just picked up my bike this week and have already started changing things up. Its the black '12 and I am wanting to give it a more uniform look at the rear end by blacking out the turn signals, and maybe the tail light but I don't want to effect visability. For people that have done this to their bikes, what would you recommend?
I have found the one from hot bodies 2008-2011 Hayabusa Smoked Undertails, Hotbodies Racing but I have read a lot of negative reviews on the quality of their products. What do you suggest?

but I don't want to effect visability. What do you suggest?

I have not modified my lights, but have rode with people that have. I can't imagine this change not having any adverse effects on visibility and it's important. It's your ride, your money, and your safety. Best of luck.

Smoked turnsignals and led taillight if you want to be seen.
The hotbodies signals and taillight cover make the lights themselves hard to see.
Here's old pics of my grey 08, but these match the black good too.
The signals are from Clear Alternatives(which is now Moto Lume) about $60, and the taillight is a $40 or less cheapo on ebay.
It's very bright and at 2 years old still works perfect and the lense still looks new.
The turn signals are just as bright as stock, day or night.
The taillight is also as bright day or night, but the leds are alot more eye catching. So that idiot behind you that's about to run you over actually has a good chance of seeing you.

SDC10920.jpg

SDC10925.jpg

Hey guys, long time reader first time poster here. I just picked up my bike this week and have already started changing things up. Its the black '12 and I am wanting to give it a more uniform look at the rear end by blacking out the turn signals, and maybe the tail light but I don't want to effect visability. For people that have done this to their bikes, what would you recommend?
I have found the one from hot bodies 2008-2011 Hayabusa Smoked Undertails, Hotbodies Racing but I have read a lot of negative reviews on the quality of their products. What do you suggest?
If you are concerned with visibility, get brighter bulbs. I have this and I love it! Totally cleans up the back end of the bike. GSXR-Bots has it too.

Smoked turnsignals and led taillight if you want to be seen.
The hotbodies signals and taillight cover make the lights themselves hard to see.
Here's old pics of my grey 08, but these match the black good too.
The signals are from Clear Alternatives(which is now Moto Lume) about $60, and the taillight is a $40 or less cheapo on ebay.
It's very bright and at 2 years old still works perfect and the lense still looks new.
The turn signals are just as bright as stock, day or night.
The taillight is also as bright day or night, but the leds are alot more eye catching. So that idiot behind you that's about to run you over actually has a good chance of seeing you.

I ordered the same set....:thumbsup:

:laugh: ya I got the back ones off already, front ones are next just need to clear out some space in my garage lol

Is this install for the covers pretty simple? I have never really done much work on my bikes as far as taking the fairings or housings off.

The price of the Hotbodies is the only thing that has stoped me. Sure like the look , still might do it.

:welcome: nice bike. I have the same setup as 6-pack & skeche and love it. I woudl do that then the hotbodies cover as it looks way too dark and will def. affect the light output

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Well u can do it the cheap way and get a can of nite shade..its in a can and just spray it on...the more u put on the darker it will appear..
But anything u do to dark them out will affect visibility...

Here's mine on the Dragon. Not any more difficult to see than the stock Gixxer Taillight behind me..

dragon.jpg

dragon.jpg

Back