Blacked out cans

Bergster

Donating Member
Registered
Had enough liquid courage last night to black out my cans. The pictures are not that great in the dark. I'll try and get some better pics tomorrow. My daughter likes it but wife doesn't and I'm kinda in the middle but its growing on me. What do you think?

all_coholic.gif

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130144283 -->

Blacked_cans.jpg

i like it definitely...how did you do it...and maybe a thin coat of some kind of gloss would make it pop better.

Ok here is the day light pics.
smile.gif
I'm liking it more now that I've seen it in the day light. Always hated all that dull silver.

blacked_cans.jpg

i like it definitely...how did you do it...and maybe a thin coat of some kind of gloss would make it pop better.
I took the cans off, scuffed them up with sand paper, masked the tips, and sprayed a couple thin coats of barbecue grill paint 1000 degrees I think. I wasn't looking for gloss. I wanted it to match the frame. It looks perfect up close. Now I'm thinking about doing the pegs front and rear.

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1130187653 -->

Definitely get the pegs done. Either paint or powdercoat. Someone else here has done that to theirs.

looks great ! i think the pegs will bring it together !
biggrin.gif
maybe the mid pipes too ?
Yep, after seeing yours I'm doing the pegs. I don't think I'll do the mid pipes because I did the cans. If I had carbon cans or stainless I would. I wish the 05 LE photoed better than it does. I can never get a good picture of it. If its to sunny it looks like the paint is all nicked up, and if its an overcast the paint looks flat. It sucks, I'm seriously thinking of painting the bike black.

Back