Black Widow 4-1 full system. Pics.

@HayaWakened thanks for the info. I wonder if all the gen2 years run rich? too bad thoes WEGO III Data Loggers are so expensive - would be interesting to see whats really going on.

I know this is purely spit balling, but based on the way the bike pulls and the straw brown color developing on the stainless headers it cant be too far off. I'll have to pull the new plugs I just put in and see what color they are in a few more hundred miles.

One thing is for sure, the bike seems to be running quite well. I cant hang onto it in first gear - once I get the wheel back down, and into 2-3-4 gear its not long before Im at 140-150mph. I had a "cobra" edition mustang think he would get away from me yesterday..... bye bye lol.

One benefit of COVID (here in So Cal) is the Apocalypse Freeways (Los Angeles mayor only recently said they're gonna start clamping down on the increase in speeding - one of the few infractions that has gone up since corona :D).

With 17/43 sprockets and no speed healer, I was around 135 @ 7k, 6th, last Friday. Can't really see the exact numbers without glasses, so a guesstimate. My only complaint in life: Now that I'm responsible enough to ride a Busa, I need reading glasses. The good news is this motor could comfortably stay there for a while, if desired. And as you know, doesn't take it long to get there!

In the old days we use to keep bread ties with extra seals on them ;) Two stroke thing . While you reuse them they wont torque to the same 270 degrees for 10 mm ( busa size plug ) and one will lose slight compression from the gasket . You will also notice at next removal they were lose , and took little effort to remove from head .
I often run into this on ZX based engines that customers remove plugs to look at / clean .

Tech tip some of us old timers index our plugs ;) In order to index them multiple sets are needed . One mars a plug and its installing tool . Turn till hand tight , and see where the opening of the ground lands at in relation to intake runner . . Ill make a video later ;)

In the old days we use to keep bread ties with extra seals on them ;) Two stroke thing . While you reuse them they wont torque to the same 270 degrees for 10 mm ( busa size plug ) and one will lose slight compression from the gasket . You will also notice at next removal they were lose , and took little effort to remove from head .
I often run into this on ZX based engines that customers remove plugs to look at / clean .

Tech tip some of us old timers index our plugs ;) In order to index them multiple sets are needed . One mars a plug and its installing tool . Turn till hand tight , and see where the opening of the ground lands at in relation to intake runner . . Ill make a video later ;)

I should correct myself, I always knew that they crushed, and that you can feel them crush and then all of a sudden they get hard when you have reached the end - but I didn't know they were so critical to replace.

Like the oil drain crush washer that you can reuse many times without issue..... not the case with the plugs. thanks for bringing this to our attention @c10 .....A video would awesome to completely understand what your saying....and you know we all love another episode of c10's garage! :popcorn:

I should correct myself, I always knew that they crushed, and that you can feel them crush and then all of a sudden they get hard when you have reached the end - but I didn't know they were so critical to replace.

Like the oil drain crush washer that you can reuse many times without issue..... not the case with the plugs. thanks for bringing this to our attention @c10 .....A video would awesome to completely understand what your saying....and you know we all love another episode of c10's garage! :popcorn:

One benefit of COVID (here in So Cal) is the Apocalypse Freeways (Los Angeles mayor only recently said they're gonna start clamping down on the increase in speeding - one of the few infractions that has gone up since corona :D).

With 17/43 sprockets and no speed healer, I was around 135 @ 7k, 6th, last Friday. Can't really see the exact numbers without glasses, so a guesstimate. My only complaint in life: Now that I'm responsible enough to ride a Busa, I need reading glasses. The good news is this motor could comfortably stay there for a while, if desired. And as you know, doesn't take it long to get there!
I'm with you there, I wear reading glasses and normally day to day things are ok for me to see...trying to read the time on the little screen in the middle is problematic at best...

@clean I finally figured out how to attach photos again. Mine took some time to do I had tightened everything up prematurely instead of fitting it loosely and making sure it cleared my fairings before tightening. I had to listen everything that and realign headers in order to raise everything up underneath bike it now fits like it should I'm impressed with the price and quality.

20200616_160310.jpg

@clean I finally figured out how to attach photos again. Mine took some time to do I had tightened everything up prematurely instead of fitting it loosely and making sure it cleared my fairings before tightening. I had to listen everything that and realign headers in order to raise everything up underneath bike it now fits like it should I'm impressed with the price and quality.

View attachment 1621247

20200618_195857.jpg

Hey Fellers,

The Black widow exhaust showed up (only took a week from the UK, even with covid going on......good job fedex!)

Initial impressions are good - Nice fit and welds clean. Total system weight is 14.96 lbs vs the stock 48.11 lbs for a total weight savings of 33.15 lbs. Goodbye potato launchers!

Flashed it up first with the baffle in - Dramatically better sound then stock but not overbearing. removed the baffle and now she really screams.

At this point I'm pretty impressed for the money ($480 USD shipped).

I noticed that when the baffle is removed the bike will idle surge slightly. with the baffle removed you can tell how unrestricted the exhaust is. There is a lot of exhaust gas pressure coming out of the pipe with the baffle removed. I'm assuming the bike should be tuned before I remove the baffle due to being too lean? the ECU has never been flashed and no power commander - any advice on that would be great.

I removed the sticker on the silencer - will replace with a Brocks sticker, and probably feel just as cool :p

hope this helps anyone in the market for a budget friendly gen 2 exhaust.

@Dopey @Hayabusa Wannabe @ottafish @Dai. @Slowstang305

View attachment 1616095

View attachment 1616096

View attachment 1616097

View attachment 1616098

View attachment 1616099

View attachment 1616100

View attachment 1616101

View attachment 1616102

View attachment 1616103

View attachment 1616104

View attachment 1616105
Exhaust looks good, I personally like the decal but that's me. I would like to see the dyno numbers they can pull off, hopefully before the season is over I can get mine on the dyno to see what my yoshi exhaust is doing.

View attachment 1621247

looks good @Sparky405

On mine the #2 cylinder pipe was a tad closer to the oil cooler then I liked so I moved the oil cooler back by removing a washer on one of the oil cooler mounting bolts. It worked well, and is still 100% solid.

RJ has done it for a long time since new with slip ons . Don't worry go ride ;)
Slip ons retain the CAT converter.
Full systems don’t so if going by the ‘official narrative’ and assuming that’s true then that bike will run lean and need fuel added to flatten the curve.
But tat could be all bs too who knows:).

The big thing is the exhaust now has no catalytic converter so the back pressure is greatly reduced and the motor will run too lean. You really should get the fuelling optimised to the exhaust. It will run so much smoother and the hole you've put in the mid-range power with the decatted system will be removed. The Black Widow headers look good and the system sounds great but the headers are not designed too well for exhaust flow, expect only around 175 rear wheel ponies when the fuelling is sorted. Note the long and small diameter link pipe to the silencer. If you wanted a performance gain you should have spent a bit more on a better designed system......guess how I know.....

The big thing is the exhaust now has no catalytic converter so the back pressure is greatly reduced and the motor will run too lean. You really should get the fuelling optimised to the exhaust. It will run so much smoother and the hole you've put in the mid-range power with the decatted system will be removed. The Black Widow headers look good and the system sounds great but the headers are not designed too well for exhaust flow, expect only around 175 rear wheel ponies when the fuelling is sorted. Note the long and small diameter link pipe to the silencer. If you wanted a performance gain you should have spent a bit more on a better designed system......guess how I know.....

Interesting.. I went with their 4>2 system and made another 18 more than that. It's a good piece of kit. Cause I'm bored I'm changing to a 4>1system soon with a dyno run to sort it out.
I'll be using the map switch feature so i can swap back and forth when I'm bored.
I've also had both systems fully ceramic coated for heat and protection.

Back