Black soot in the exhaust pipe...

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Smart People,

If I am running rich, how do I change this? I have basic tools and VERY basic knowledge. Will I need to take this to the dealer, or is there something I can do (with above limitations)?

Thanks in advance.

--Juggler

depends on the gas u are running. pump gas is not predictable for the color/texture.

if you were running a certain race gas, then it MAY indicate leaning one way or another in the mixture................

nope....don't think you are running rich. The black soot is just from the fumes in your exhaust. Remember something about emissions? That's what the cans are supposed to do: keep all of that shid outta the air.

If you think your runnin rich, just look at your exhaust. If it's blowing alot of white, yer probably burning oil. If it's comin' out very black, you could be running a little bit on the rich side.

Just my limited knowledge and .02

white smoke = burning water/coolant
blue smoke = burning oil
black smoke = too much fuel

dude, you are talkin about a Hayabusa, right??!!!!!
its FUEL INJECTED! the cpu adjusts for the fuel mixture. nothing to worry about unless you are trying to win races!

I stand corrected by the Cache-Master.

wink.gif

like they said but if it bothers you you could pull a plug and look at it thats the way to tell rich or lean without an 02 sensor or fuel mixture meter on a dyno

nope....don't think you are running rich. The black soot is just from the fumes in your exhaust. Remember something about emissions? That's what the cans are supposed to do: keep all of that shid outta the air.

If you think your runnin rich, just look at your exhaust. If it's blowing alot of white, yer probably burning oil. If it's comin' out very black, you could be running a little bit on the rich side.

He HE... And the Pipes have nothing to do with emissions... They are there to control noise only...

You feeling OK Pac-man? You look a little flushed...

He HE... And the Pipes have nothing to do with emissions...  They are there to control noise only...

You feeling OK Pac-man?  You look a little flushed...
hehe...must be all that close examination of the cans when the bike is running with the choke on....

I coulda sworn I felt dizzy every now and then...

He HE... And the Pipes have nothing to do with emissions...  They are there to control noise only...

You feeling OK Pac-man?  You look a little flushed...
hehe...must be all that close examination of the cans when the bike is running with the choke on....

laugh.gif
Yeah Bro, That will do it every time....

quote]

Hey Pac-man,

I don't think that it's just getting too close and sniffing the exhaust. I actually think that you indulge in wrapping your lips around the exhaust exit for about 5 to 10 seconds every now and then...
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
ices_rofl.gif

Brian

Back