Black ISO grips for the Busa?

tmf2004

Registered
Can anyone comment on these if anyone has these on there bike. I'm looking at possible getting a pair to replace my grips that came with the bike. I'd like to do all black with maybe some spike bar ends.. thanks

Can anyone comment on these if anyone has these on there bike. I'm looking at possible getting a pair to replace my grips that came with the bike. I'd like to do all black with maybe some spike bar ends.. thanks

Me too!

I had a set on my last bike. I liked them but don't get the stiletto pointed ends…..they hurt when they go through your shoulder. Spikes are okay to have on the body of the bike, like fairing bolts or on the calipers but NEVER EVER put them on your bar ends or on the triple tree. If someone hits you head on or you go over your bars they will hurt like hell when they get you. I had a hole in my right shoulder about 1’’ round and 1-1/2’’ deep when I went down. It took 3 months for it to heal and now I have a scar the size of a quater that looks like a bullet hole.

thanks for the heads up.. I'll try to get the stock bar ends in black so they match the grips..

I never thought of that either, but I will never have the spikes again. They look really cool but hurt way too much.

I had a set on my last bike. I liked them but don't get the stiletto pointed ends…..they hurt when they go through your shoulder. Spikes are okay to have on the body of the bike, like fairing bolts or on the calipers but NEVER EVER put them on your bar ends or on the triple tree. If someone hits you head on or you go over your bars they will hurt like hell when they get you. I had a hole in my right shoulder about 1’’ round and 1-1/2’’ deep when I went down. It took 3 months for it to heal and now I have a scar the size of a quater that looks like a bullet hole.

man.. I have always wondered if this ever happened to someone.. I am just glad you werent fatally injured... I dont regret my 17 oz heavy bar ends now.. they are blunt so if they stab me I did something wrong.

I bought the regular chrome Iso grips and had them powdercoated textured black with the weighted ends. Had them on my HD, the stock size grips feel too small for me.

I never thought of that either, but I will never have the spikes again. They look really cool but hurt way too much.

Nothing like having a 600 lb mace chasing ya down the road. My friend took one of those spike bar ends through his thigh OUCH

I bought the regular chrome Iso grips and had them powdercoated textured black with the weighted ends. Had them on my HD, the stock size grips feel too small for me.

Were they comfortable? Seems like a good fit for the busa:laugh:

Back