Black Hole...for the science lovers

Estimated disk size of 7 AU's......AU is the distance between the Earth and the Sun.

ok    so light cant escape from the tremendous gravitational pull      but what if your car could go the speed of light and you turned your headlights on     would they come on?
all_coholic.gif

it really is incredible stuff to ponder though    i wonder what else is out there we haven't discovered yet that is even more amazing     the material with in is so dense that one square inch could weigh tons   its hard to even imagine   very
cool.gif

here's what i use to look at the night sky...

scope_1__2_.jpg

(ozz @ Apr. 13 2007,11:09) ok    so light cant escape from the tremendous gravitational pull      but what if your car could go the speed of light and you turned your headlights on     would they come on?
all_coholic.gif

it really is incredible stuff to ponder though    i wonder what else is out there we haven't discovered yet that is even more amazing     the material with in is so dense that one square inch could weigh tons   its hard to even imagine   very
cool.gif

here's what i use to look at the night sky...
Is that a 10 or 12......

Here is the one I want..... we have a 5 inch now.... a great test to see if we would stick with it.....

16_lx200r.jpg

thats a nice onethere its already got the gear to punch in right accension and declination i have never seen one in use it looks like it has a electric focus as well

with something like that i would want to mount it outside in a observatory permently so your always set up on your polar axis very
cool.gif

whats something like that go for now?

(ozz @ Apr. 13 2007,09:09) ok    so light cant escape from the tremendous gravitational pull      but what if your car could go the speed of light and you turned your headlights on     would they come on?
all_coholic.gif

The answer is yes, they would come on, BUT would it matter
rock.gif
?

Of course you can also ask, if your plane is going past light speed. And you shine a flashlight out the window  on to the wing, will the light hit the wing  
tounge.gif

Of course you can also ask, if your plane is going past light speed. And you shine a flashlight out the window on to the wing, will the light hit the wing

That would be "yes" also....because the flashlight would be traveling past the speed of itself.
beerchug.gif

Great, because of you guys I had to go dig out the telescope and set up on the deck. I have a meade etx 4", great view, powered base, half dozen lenses and solar filter.........but I want more. Does it ever end?

I want a 12-18 inch Dobsonian for my backyard.
smile.gif

These are huge "light-buckets", simple, inexpensive, and good for deep-sky work and excellent for planetary observations. I think if the Space Station is in view, you could read facial expressions of the astronauts through the windows!
laugh.gif

(Shibumi @ Apr. 14 2007,05:17) I want a 12-18 inch Dobsonian for my backyard.  
smile.gif

These are huge "light-buckets", simple, inexpensive, and good for deep-sky work and excellent for planetary observations. I think if the Space Station is in view, you could read facial expressions of the astronauts through the windows!
laugh.gif
are dobsonian scopes reflector style? an 18 in. would be awsome
eek2.gif

(Ken02busa @ Apr. 13 2007,22:21) Great, because of you guys I had to go dig out the telescope and set up on the deck. I have a meade etx 4", great view, powered base, half dozen lenses and solar filter.........but I want more. Does it ever end?
it doesn't    i ended up spending more on my eyepieces than i did the scope   got plossl eyepieces, Barlow lens, filters, and before i knew it i was look'in  
SHOCKED.gif
 at billions and billions of stars as Carl Sagan used to say  
tounge.gif

(ozz @ Apr. 14 2007,10:57)
smile.gif

laugh.gif
are dobsonian scopes reflector style? an 18 in. would be awsome
eek2.gif
How about a 24?
SHOCKED.gif

Try this site...

http://www.dobsonian.com/index.html

Dob24in.jpg

(Revvv @ Apr. 14 2007,17:42)
(ozz @ Apr. 14 2007,09:10)
(Revvv @ Apr. 13 2007,22:30) I want pics of the eclipse and the black hole.
not possible    black holes are invisible
SHOCKED.gif
OK - I want an inviseable pic of this black hole.  
cool.gif
Ok. Here ya go.

One invisible pic......thatll be $50 please. Paypal works.

Hope you enjoy it. Its a real nice one.

(BIGSMOOTHH @ Apr. 14 2007,19:09)
(Revvv @ Apr. 14 2007,17:42)
(ozz @ Apr. 14 2007,09:10)
(Revvv @ Apr. 13 2007,22:30) I want pics of the eclipse and the black hole.
not possible    black holes are invisible
SHOCKED.gif
OK - I want an inviseable pic of this black hole.  
cool.gif
Ok.  Here ya go.  

One invisible pic......thatll be $50 please.  Paypal works.

Hope you enjoy it.  Its a real nice one.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
all_coholic.gif
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

(Shibumi @ Apr. 14 2007,18:18)
(ozz @ Apr. 14 2007,10:57)
smile.gif

laugh.gif
are dobsonian scopes reflector style?   an 18 in. would be awsome
eek2.gif
How about a 24?  
SHOCKED.gif

Try this site...

http://www.dobsonian.com/index.html
man those are some huge aperture's - 24 inch - with big time light gathering ability cant imagine didn't see that it came with a clock drive but it must for that price
eek2.gif
if a guy was to try and do that with a refractor type scope the price would be, should i say it, astronomical and impractical i really like the cadidioptric (think i spelled that right) type scopes cause there so portable that 24 only weighs 300lbs though so i guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal taking it up to your favorite meadow one summer evening
smile.gif
cool.gif

eek2.gif

smile.gif

Back