Black Hills South Dakota next year

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Cap and I have talked about a late June 2010 trip to the Black Hills. This would be a family trip. We found a great motel 3 miles south of Deadwood, indoor pool, jacuzzi and a trolley that runs to Deadwood every hour for $1. Lots to see and do for the wives and kids. RV parks all over the area, fishing 4-wheeling, go cart track, shopping, gambling, museums, antique stores.
Riding is some of the best any where. All the sights to see are close by, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, The Bad Lands, Custer Park. History buffs will love this place. We will be going and wondered if others would be interested. If so we can probably get a break on the room rates. We paid $99/night for two. There is plenty of time to decide.

I wouldn't mind making it if I can get the time off since I will be missing the Spring Bash :whistle:

I am absolutely 'in', as my personal time was chopped off at the knees this year.

Anything I can do to help; I'm all about it.

:beerchug:

I probably won't be attending the spring bash for a few years so the ride to the black hills is right in line...

We need to get you out more anyway Don. Expand your journey's West....:laugh:

Sherry and I are driving home from Mobile right now (obviously Sherry is doing the driving :) ) and we are thinking this would be a fun vacation. She has been there, I never have.

Sign me up now....

We stayed at that KOA back in May of 2003 on our first Motorhome trip. It was non too busy and the temps were perfect. Going forward to June the temps should still be great. From memory, that was some beautiful country up there.

Dscf0129.jpg

Dscf0094.jpg

Dscf0136.jpg

i'm in if you are looking at June 18-20...that would put it midway between what has historically been the Eureka Springs MnG during the first weekend in June and the weekend of July 4th which would probably make it way too overcrowded with tourists to even ride...also, i don't care if we stay in a motel or camp, i am good with either one :beerchug:

We might be up for that trip again as well....1200 miles (1 way) with kids...ah, that brings back memories, but I'll do it again anyway.:laugh:

We might be up for that trip again as well....1200 miles (1 way) with kids...ah, that brings back memories, but I'll do it again anyway.:laugh:

Ya know Lisa will be happy there is a Bead store in Rapid City (?). :)

I would love to go back, but it is up to BusaWhipped. Might have to twist his arm a little!!! ;)

There's a good chance I'll be there Steve. Parents live in Rapid.....

We rode Spearfish Canyon and needles highway and honestly was not impressed at all. The roads through Nevada and Wyoming were much better than Needles.

Back