Black Dahlia

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Just wondering if it's any good...I don't want to waste my time and money if it's long and boring
poke.gif

I don't know of anyone that has seen it...or plans to.

That "body cut in half" thing has me interested though.

We went and saw Crank this weekend. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CRAP. It wasn't any good. The other choice was Black Dahlia. Wish we would have went to it instead.

(BiG-T @ Sep. 18 2006,11:56) I don't know of anyone that has seen it...or plans to.

That "body cut in half" thing has me interested though.
Sick and twisted...just like me! LOL

Actually, I got intrigued by the story and spent a lot of time researching it on other msg boards last week...60 years later, she's still making headlines...

(AaronG @ Sep. 18 2006,12:04) We went and saw Crank this weekend.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CRAP.  It wasn't any good.  The other choice was Black Dahlia.  Wish we would have went to it instead.
I wish you had too...then you could tell me if it was good or not
poke.gif
tounge.gif

Was gonna, but since the movie is more fiction and exploitation than facts and reality, I didn't see the point.

(WWJD @ Sep. 18 2006,19:01) Was gonna, but since the movie is more fiction and exploitation than facts and reality, I didn't see the point.
I saw the movie and it disappointed me because I thought it was going to be like JFK and actually do some serious speculation about what really happened and why. But the movie was like From Hell and just took it and made "inspired by" actual events and fictitious.

But the movie was still somewhat entertaining... but not Brian DePalma (director of scarface, carrie, the untouchables, carlito's way, mission impossible) at his best. I think people who don't know anything about the black dahlia case might like it more than others because if you know anything about it at all, you're expecting something else. I've always wanted to see a serious film about the dahlia... but this wasn't it.

If you're looking for something different and think you might like the movie, then check it out and see for yourself.

(johnstein @ Sep. 18 2006,21:10) get the bootleg copy , if it looks ok then go see it, if you dont sell the copy
lurk.gif
This time of the year bootleg copies of brand new theatrical films come out by poor pirate release groups, so you get a lot of crappy cams... and ones like MaVeN don't appear until summer or when really big hits come out.

http://www.vcdquality.com to check out the newest movies to hit the net (can't download here, just get info)...

Back