Black bear sightings

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
we just had a little excitement.. we have known and seen more and more black bear in the area but this little feller got a bit too curious. he was caught trying to drag off a 13 gallon garbage can off the porch of one of our neighbors in the park that was full of bird seed. i got called by the neighbors and i went to investigate. i tracked where he went back into the woods (thanks to freshly mowed lawn with lots of grass to see where he walked) and as i stepped into the brush he jumped up and scooted back about 5 feet...ran for my camera but by time i got back (another neighbor held a light on him) he ducked just behind some bush. he was mabey 2.5 ft tall...just a yearling black bear. he still hung out...didnt run off so we pulled all the garbage and dog food and birdseed that was readly available at the recomendation of the game commission. yes our fantastic state troopers were called due to lots of children with a canned response of ...uhh what are we supposed to do about it. lol

I live out in the country, I had a black bear run into my neighbors yard a couple weeks ago.

Back