BKing is gone...

Cantab

Registered
So unfortunately time has caught up with me from a previous accident - busted pelvis and the BKing is sold :crazy:

I have replaced it with a 'couch bike' a 2018 Kawasaki Versys that had done 3500kms , sold the King for $8500 and bought the V1K for $11500.
Versys has a inline 4 1043cc engine its used in Z1000SX as well, modest power and torque but plenty in it for safe over takes while two up - i guess it should be 'itsa a thou right'
It has really sweet fueling from idle to anywhere in the rev range, no stumbles or jerkiness anywhere :D

Susupension is a first for me with the rebound on the right fork only and no compression either side ??!! it has the usual pre load tho.
Rear has rebound and a handy external pre load adjuster..
Thing is with the longish travel the stock suspension seems better than the orig BKings ? Riding over the same roads be it tight hills or whatever it seems more planted, im a bit confused...but happy.

Got a quote from Mr Kawasaki for hard luggage $2500 wtf and thats just two panniers ! Thing is it doesnt need extra brackets etc, im following up on a poss 2nd hand set otherwise its gonna be Givi or SW Motech for waay less.

Has the essentials for me fitted already that is Radar and heated grips, some bar end mirrors on order and maybe a taller screen to combat wind noise.

A couple of pics

20191117_152412.jpg

20191122_175911.jpg

20191119_114428.jpg

20191122_175938.jpg

20191122_175959.jpg

20191122_175925.jpg

So unfortunately time has caught up with me from a previous accident - busted pelvis and the BKing is sold :crazy:

I have replaced it with a 'couch bike' a 2018 Kawasaki Versys that had done 3500kms , sold the King for $8500 and bought the V1K for $11500.
Versys has a inline 4 1043cc engine its used in Z1000SX as well, modest power and torque but plenty in it for safe over takes while two up - i guess it should be 'itsa a thou right'
It has really sweet fueling from idle to anywhere in the rev range, no stumbles or jerkiness anywhere :D

Susupension is a first for me with the rebound on the right fork only and no compression either side ??!! it has the usual pre load tho.
Thing is with the longish travel the stock suspension seems better than the orig BKings ? Riding over the same roads be it tight hills or whatever it seems more planted, im a bit confused...but happy.

Got a quote from Mr Kawasaki for hard luggage $2500 wtf and thats just two panniers ! Thing is it doesnt need extra brackets etc, im following up on a poss 2nd hand set otherwise its gonna be Givi or SW Motech for waay less.

Has the essentials for me fitted already that is Radar and heated grips, some bar end mirrors on order and maybe a taller screen to combat wind noise.

A couple of pics

View attachment 1608290

View attachment 1608291

View attachment 1608292

View attachment 1608293

View attachment 1608294

View attachment 1608295
Congrats on the new bike

A couple of pics

View attachment 1608290

View attachment 1608291

View attachment 1608292

View attachment 1608293

View attachment 1608294

View attachment 1608295
I hear good things about that bike. Congratulations I think you will love it.

a 2018 Kawasaki Versys that had done 3500kms , sold the King for $8500 and bought the V1K for $11500.

A couple of pics

View attachment 1608290

View attachment 1608291

View attachment 1608292

View attachment 1608293

View attachment 1608294

View attachment 1608295

"I have replaced it with a 'couch bike"

Why did you not get the COUCH TRIKE in the background???:lol:

congrats on the new bike!

A couple of pics

View attachment 1608290

View attachment 1608291

View attachment 1608292

View attachment 1608293

View attachment 1608294

View attachment 1608295
Nice!! Congrats on finding the right bike for your needs.
We’ve had your old BKing in at work already,
Valve clearances checked... all ok.

Nice!! Congrats on finding the right bike for your needs.
We’ve had your old BKing in at work already,
Valve clearances checked... all ok.
Cheers Greg, was going to go out today but the Nor West blowing too much.
Thought as much on clearance check at least his mind will be at ease.

Back