Bitchin' helmet

I really, really... REALLY need to break out the airbrush stuff and do some lids. Been thinkin' about doin' a few and tryin' them out on ebay... but I'm afraid I'd end up with some sweet lids that nobody would pay the price for. By the time I bought a good model name brand lid and invested the materials and money to paint it I'd have to get a pretty good price for it to come out. Not sure the market is there... and I don't need that many custom painted lids...
biggrin.gif

And if they're gettin' $600-$1k to squirt a lid like that... well, just... damn. I honestly hope that price includes the cost of a brand new lid. Prolly don't though. I wish I lived somewhere that I could get paid for my paint skills. I really enjoy the custom stuff... Just nobody around here that is willing to pay what the good stuff is worth. Everyone wants show quality for Earl Shieb prices...
Bullet, you've got a semi-captive audience here.

Toss a few of your past works up here and let's see what you've got. With winter upon (most of) us, I'm sure board members would be willing to pay for the spray and send you their bucket.

It lowers your costs, removes most of the risk, it's win / win, and expands your portfolio for future biz.

We're not riding, paint our sh!d... err lid!
Thing is, when I was last into doin' the airbrush stuff I wasn't into photography at all, so no pics of the old stuff... I do need to fire my stuff up and do a couple pieces just to show what I can do. Could turn into a nice side thing.

I've actually been thinkin' about startin' out with a handful of "skid lids" like the harley crowd wears since they're way cheaper to get up front and would prolly sell like crazy on ebay with a custom squirt job. I think that would get my work out there without the huge up front investment that decent full face lids would require.
wink.gif

I also have an old firefighter helmet that I want to do some "real fire" on someday. Found it the other day, brand new in the box from back when I was a volunteer firefighter. I'ts outdated and not approved safety wise anymore but would make a nice display piece.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134771868 -->

biggrin.gif

I think you should go ahead and open that custom shop you started. I'll be your 1st paying customer. Can you do some type of "Borg" theme for me on a full-face helmet with matching graphics on my hump? I'm serious Chris. I've already got another board member doing some custom work for me and I'd love to send some work your way too.

I think you should go ahead and open that custom shop you started. I'll be your 1st paying customer. Can you do some type of "Borg" theme for me on a full-face helmet with matching graphics on my hump? I'm serious Chris. I've already got another board member doing some custom work for me and I'd love to send some work your way too.
I've wasted too much money on tradin' bikes and moddin' 'em out to have enough left to finish the shop. It's dried in, but not finished. And if none of the three promotions I'm shootin' for in January (possibly sooner on one of them) come through I may be lookin' at makin' a career change that will give me more time to do something like that on the side.
wink.gif

PM me some idea of what you're thinkin' about for the lid and hump though. We'll see what pans out.
wink.gif

wink.gif

most members here already ride a top quailty-top dollar lid already with a lesser lid as backup they can ride that one while you do your thang with the airbrush! still a win-win ya think

most members here already ride a top quailty-top dollar lid already with a lesser lid as backup they can ride that one while you do your thang with the airbrush! still a win-win ya think
I thought about that, too. Most every rider I know has back-ups and spares. The only real issue would be prepping a used one compared to prepping a new one. No big deal, but it could require a bit more time and more materials. I'm gonna see what pans out with the promotions over the next month or so and work on a couple of pieces I already have and see what shakes out.
wink.gif

Back