Bit of a chugging at low RPM?

Todmac

Registered
Hey all,
quite mechanically inclined here, mostly because i am a diesel mechanic.
Busa doing something i cant figure though, thought maybe someone with some experience could help.
At very low speed, with limited or no throttle, i get a sort of a hunting, or chugging. Almost like chain slap, where i get a little whump whump whump out of it. Accelerating help, decelertating helps, but always when i am going through parking lot, or in stop and go traffic and just moving along, there it is.
Have a k and N filter, yoshimura slip ons, and a power commander (not properly mapped, but didnt solve it).
Any thoughts or insight would be greatly apprecaiated.
Thanks all.
T
???

the 00 i just bought is doing the same.. then i give it more throttle or4 less and find mysellf jumping one way or another.. trying to figure it out aswell..

probaly just abit lean down low. proper dyno tune will clean it up. or richen ur map up some and see if it helps

how many miles and do you hear the motor reacting or just feel it, if you feel it it could be cush drives

how many miles and do you hear the motor reacting or just feel it, if you feel it it could be cush drives

6,000 miles (2002).
I do beleive it is in the engine, at just above zero acceleration ( literally, the first couple of percent ) under almost minimal load acccelearating or decelerating.
Might try changing out plus and riching up the bottom end on the map.
Not sure I have access to a dyno near here, or it's in the budget atm.
They do tune them on the dyno?

i have mine tuned and all and it happens to be occasionally, at small throttle slow speed. its a jerking chugging and the bike actually moves back and forth in a bucking motion

not sure what it is, thought it was chain slack...nope....maybe cush drive?

6,000 miles (2002).
I do beleive it is in the engine, at just above zero acceleration ( literally, the first couple of percent ) under almost minimal load acccelearating or decelerating.
Might try changing out plus and riching up the bottom end on the map.
Not sure I have access to a dyno near here, or it's in the budget atm.
They do tune them on the dyno?

its old enough the throttle bodies could be a little out of sync, also check your plugs and see what the coloring is if they are dark/wet its rich if light its lean it should be like a hazel color. Does it do it during straight line or when your turning your bars, if its when your turning your bars your cable adjustment could be out as well. And last of all is your idle set right, if its set too low it could cause a rough spot just off of idle it could be a chugg or a bogg or it could be a combination of things.

Back