Bird season (real birds)

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
Was working in the back yard and a Bald Eagle flew below tree level between me and my house...those critters are friggin' big when they are that close. I don't know what it was doing that low but glad I got to see it.

An hour later and a Turkey Vulture swooped low and them critters are as big or bigger than an Eagle.

What a day for birds...I then went into the garage and gave the Peregrine Falcon a little love.

I've seen a beautiful red tailed hawk which is normally patrolling the neighbourhood but this is the first Eagle I've seen this low...I've seen them over the fields but they were cruising at altitude.

I knew something was up when all the little birds started going nuts.

We have eagles, hawks, buzzards, and huge woodpeckers.
You haven't lived until you've come around a corner and had to swerve to miss a dead possum...and duck the scattering vultures, as one lost feathers brushing my jacket.
Those things stink too, lol!
2 small birds swooped in front of me another day, about 60mph in a T-shirt, hit me right in the sternum, didn't feel good.
Had 2 others bounce off of my helmet on 2 seperate occasions, and have ducked buzzards, and swerved to miss turkeys too many times.
I hate seeing birds when I'm riding worse than deer or other critters.

We have eagles, hawks, buzzards, and huge woodpeckers.
You haven't lived until you've come around a corner and had to swerve to miss a dead possum...and duck the scattering vultures, as one lost feathers brushing my jacket.
Those things stink too, lol!
2 small birds swooped in front of me another day, about 60mph in a T-shirt, hit me right in the sternum, didn't feel good.
Had 2 others bounce off of my helmet on 2 seperate occasions, and have ducked buzzards, and swerved to miss turkeys too many times.
I hate seeing birds when I'm riding worse than deer or other critters.
We have a bunch of birds around here too...

Palliated Woodpeckers are huge, we have them here too.

Everyone stopped hunting turkeys around here 'cause the price of the tags went up and you can buy a Butterball for the same price. Now there are huge flocks of wild turkeys everywhere-they are almost nuisance birds now.

I'm one of those guys that wears full gear all the time so........

Back