Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet?

I never gave any thought to those helmets because of the mind set of getting what you pay for. With the revising of this thread, I might have to think about it. They are not expensive at all and could have some of the standards of some high-end helmets.

^just spotted this today in my cycle gear catalog. i dig the look of the lid and fit and finish looks pretty good. have you tested calls with highway speeds? got a pic of yours?

Here you go! It did very well at hwy. speeds!
26A94846-A791-46AE-8795-7235272D5CD1-944-000000D7C2C09764_zpsff78a37c.jpg
A6009548-4946-47F0-B0BB-51F2FE204D0C-944-000000D7E58A23FC_zps2f551483.jpg

3F40B5F8-5CDB-4CA4-967D-732946DEBCC7-944-000000D80BE31706_zps887bf53c.jpg

5BB0D533-21C6-46C0-A252-2D60578456EE-944-000000DCE5D2D148_zps326cb7d5.jpg

My budy has the non modular version of the bluetooth, and I actually listened to it it works great....I had just bought the modular non blooth version of this helmet. I had not worn it as of yet.....So I went to pic up one and exchange the helmet i have, and of course they were out. So they ordered me one and it comes with a head liner and extra face shield. Cycle gear just informed me of it arriving today, so I will come back and inform all of how the modular version sounds.

My budy has the non modular version of the bluetooth, and I actually listened to it it works great....I had just bought the modular non blooth version of this helmet. I had not worn it as of yet.....So I went to pic up one and exchange the helmet i have, and of course they were out. So they ordered me one and it comes with a head liner and extra face shield. Cycle gear just informed me of it arriving today, so I will come back and inform all of how the modular version sounds.

Let us know, I am interested to hear some feedback on these!

-THE MENACE

I actually bought a bilt helmet at from Cycle gear a while back. Met a woman at Cycle Gear that wanted to take a 2-up ride and I bought the helmet for a one time use ($69) It worked but we didn't test it's ability either. I was very timid with her on the back.

I think Bilt comes from china if my memory serves me well. There are 2 things I would totally avoid with "Made in China" credentials. One is head protection and the other is brake parts.

I actually bought a bilt helmet at from Cycle gear a while back. Met a woman at Cycle Gear that wanted to take a 2-up ride and I bought the helmet for a one time use ($69) It worked but we didn't test it's ability either. I was very timid with her on the back.

I think Bilt comes from china if my memory serves me well. There are 2 things I would totally avoid with "Made in China" credentials. One is head protection and the other is brake parts.

As much as I hate to be "this guy," some of the manufacturing in China has improved greatly, specifically the manufacturing which deals with something to be sold in the states and is required to meet certain criterion, like helmets and what not. I wish I could find it, but there was an analysis done with one of the (I think...) HEF 12g shotguns from overseas, the metallurgy was of a higher quality than the American gun it copied! Point is, the helmet meets DOT standards, or they also make the "DOT Approved" sticker in a nearby factory and just slap it on!

Why buy guns from overseas? That's 1 less gun that's not in America!! :laugh:

Also, if I read this right you went to cyclegear, and picked up a girl. You have game my friend, mad props!!!!! :laugh: High Five!!!

-THE MENACE

EDIT: DOT cert info

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/pedbimot/motorcycle/unsafehelmetid/pages/page2.htm

the reviews say its really noisy. doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of being able to listen to ones MP3 player? anyone try that out with this helmet?

the reviews say its really noisy. doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of being able to listen to ones MP3 player? anyone try that out with this helmet?

I have it paired to my iPhone for music and call purposes; I am very pleased with sound quality! I can hear things just fine.

OK.... I have received my helmet and took it on a ride....but i have not taken pics as off yet....
but the sound quality is great...the feel is a lil tight but I am figuring that it is because it is new. I tried on the display helmet in the store and the XL fit me really good but i usually wear a XXL so I asked for one from the back in a XXL and it was tight...so I am assuming that it has to be worked in. So I kinda figured that it would be a lil tight at first.

Now the helmet pairs really quick with my android and iPhone (yes I have both cells). I paired the cell to Pandora and it sounds great and clear. I have went up to speeds of 90 and was talking to the wife and she hates noise and she said she could hear noise but it was minimal. I actually called my police dispatch while i was riding and they did not think i was riding on a motorcycle. There is a lil wind noise, I don't know of any helmet that don't have wind noise...My previous helmet is a Scorpion 1000 and it has wind noise.
but not enough to call the Bilt helmet a piece of Asian crap....

So again I am satisfied with my helmet, OH! and I think someone asked if it was DOT. It is DOT, written as big as day on the back of the helmet. I got mine for 159.00 the helmet included a freezeout helmet liner and a extra shield. Cant beat that with a baseball bat...

Go get one if ya looking for a Bluetooth helmet and don't want to spend a big portion of money.

Back