Billy Lane verdict ?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Back on Memorial day of 2006 Billy Lane (chopper builder) killed a biker while driving with a BAC of .19 and driving like an idiot..

He paid out on the civil counts to the family, just curious what happened on the legal counts... can not find squat for some reason...

i thought i had heard he was gonna have to serve some time, not sure though...local radio show was talking about it one morning but i caught the tail end of it...

Hes in California. You can kill there if you have money.
You got that right.....
guns.gif

No, He is in Melbourne Florida. South of Daytona and Titusville on th East coast.

I'm in Melbourne. It was pretty big news here for awhile. He cashed his way out of a lot of his troubles. His shop is still open, but it is very low key and looks to be pretty ghostly a lot of the time. He was always known to be a partier around here. It was no shock when he finally screwed up and got caught.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

I was wondering what ever became of that. As I remember the story, he borrowed a friends pickup truck and crossed the center line and hit a motorcyclist head on, killing him, while drunk.
Post it when there is a verdict levied. Kind of ironic that of all the traffic out, he hits a biker. I am sure he will have to do some kind of time for that. Here in michigan, it is up to 15 yr felony for drunk driving, causing death.

Sort of right. He was on a suspended license and there wasn't all that much traffic. In fact very little. Which makes it even more ironic because it was a biker sort of lone vehicle. I seem to recall hearing he had burned through 6 figures on legal manuevers and I think they are going after his family because he also transferred a bulk of his assets to them to try and protect his estate from more losses. I think he will and should do time. How much depends on how much he bought his way out of. He may get it pled down to a lesser manslaughter or something and maybe do a few years.....maybe.

Chrysler paid the civil claims off, not Lane. It was settled for an undisclosed amount....I read that awhile back and never understood why Chrysler did anything, then I saw the rolling billboard they call a truck.

sort of assures that Chizzler wont be doing that billboard thing again soon...

Not that it makes a difference, I believe it was a man on a scooter. Looking at the damage on the truck, he didn't have a chance. A real shame all around.

Chrysler shouldn't pay a dime. Regardless of whether they sponsored whoever. Once again lawyers going after everybody they can. When are people going to take responsibility for their actions.

Chrysler shouldn't pay a dime.   Regardless of whether they sponsored whoever.   Once again lawyers going after everybody they can.  When are people going to take responsibility for their actions.
Chrysler had no choice. The vehicle was OWNED by Chrysler and was a permanent loaner to Billy. It was their responsibility to ensure they were loaning it to a licensed / insured driver, which Billy was not.

Back