Bill warner crash at texas mile!

wahly68

Registered
I just got this off the news feed bill crashed during a run at the texas mile he is in the emergency room as of 3pm central time 10/21 with non-life threatening injuries including cuts,fractures and adrasions, he is conscious and alert by medical staff and will be held for futher evaluation and recovery. get well brother! we are all pulling for you to make a full recovery!!!

Bad news, but it could have been much worse. Hope his recovery is quick.

From another site :

I decided to start a new thread for all of those that want to want to keep up with Bill's developments after he went down at the Texas Mile this morning.

Bill made a warm-up pass of 208 mph first.

Then I think he made a full pass, but was only clocked at 236. I have heard that he insists that there was no WAY he was going that slow, that it felt very close to or at 300 mph. The data on the bike will tell. The bike survived very well, just the fairing scraped on the left side. The right side doesn't even look like it was in an accident.

Bill has a few broken ribs, a punctured lung (that they probably won't need to stick a tube in), a nicked liver that is slightly hemorrhaging (but should clear up on its own with no surgery), a severe abrasion on the inside of his left knee (so I was told, but given the circumstances it's probably the outside), a broken bottom left index finger that may require surgery (but at a later date), a large gash on his left ankle (I was told on top, but maybe the side) which is not broken (they checked twice because it looks bad) and that has no torn ligaments or tendons, and a bad bruise on his left shoulder (superficial only).

They have him in ICU as a precaution, and will probably keep him in the hospital for a few days.

I was told he has a limited memory of the fall, but this may be due to a possible concussion, and the feel-good meds he is probably on.

I heard he told Billy Shoemaker of Fkawi Racing to leave him at the hospital, go back to the track, and get the track record !!!!!

So now you KNOW he is going to be OK!

I will let him know of this thread so he has something to do while he is convalescing.

Walt

Another site 1945 hours yesterday :

OK,

The latest is that Bill needs surgery on a tendon in his foot, and they will do surgery on his finger at the same time.

It may not be tommorrow, it may be Monday.

Walt

God Speed on your recovery! Bill will be back in the saddle in no time!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

sorry to hear that and prayers being sent for a quick, full recovery. I have had so much going on the last few weeks I completely forgot about it being this weekend. :banghead:

Hope everything went okay in surgery. We need you to bounce back as soon as possible. You remain in my prayers, get well soon.

He ran just behind us. When I got back to the trailer I was told he just went down. We were parked next to them.

His camp was empty for the rest of the day and most the other then they came back and continued racing.....like mentioned above, I am sure Bill told them to get back to racing.

Glad he came out fairly well.

That was intense waiting to hear on Bill's condition this weekend. We need to continue to pray for a quick and speedy recovery. Bill is an awesome guy and I hope he can get back to what he loves to do soon

Yesterday:

I talked to him this morning, he got up and sat in a chair and had his morning coffee. He was supposed to meet with the doctors later about what and when. He was in good spirits and talked of racing (Not going to make Valdosta). He was beat up pretty good but he will be back, faster than ever.

And:

I spoke to him about 30 min ago, doing ok and said surgery is Monday and be out 1-2 days later.

Then I think he made a full pass, but was only clocked at 236. I have heard that he insists that there was no WAY he was going that slow

Heal quickly brother. You're gonna need your strength to lug those gigantic cajones around.

Glad to hear he is in good spirits, hope for a speedy recovery.

Any news on what caused the down~?~

Back