Biketoberfest

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
Well it all started to be a real nice day checking out some new bikes with the wife and friends then it happened should have freaking known some moron would ruin it for everyone .While we were walking towards what they call chopper haven next to the main drag which is speedway blvd. we see a couple of sport bikes I think they were both GSXR's for sure one was anyway I hear them revving up at the light and then it turns green there they go like a bat out of hell both bikes popping them up on the rear wheel wearing no shirts no helmets and guess what which I didn’t see it at the time cause some dude walking the other way walked in front of me at the time this one cat looses it ,so I hear crash and I look, this guy floundering ,flipping twisting every which way going down the road I said holy **** so we ran over to the side walk and see this guy laying there road rash out the ass cause of no shirt jacket gloves nothing , and blood pouring out of hi head I said to my wife man this doesn’t look good then I look further and see the bike all mangled up and a lady lying there not moving man my heart sunk to my feet , well the guy starts moving around and comes to there are some medics giving her cpr and a respirator and then they stopped and laid a sheet over her man I was almost in tears. At first I didn’t recall seeing a girl on the back of any of the to bikes so I was trying to figure out how she got there and what happened? Well I couldn’t watch anymore so we kind of just packed up and went home come to find out that this innocent lady was walking across the street when one of the guys came buy and hit her and swiped her hand from her husband’s hands and dragged 160 feet they said. And died .WHY WHY !!!! She had 3 young children left behind with a farther without his wife, anyone that has ever been to a huge meet like this knows that people are walking everywhere why would even think of showing your ass off in a populated place like this??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. You’re hitting 60-70mph in seconds you can’t stop that quick I don’t care who you are or how great of a rider you are. This was a lost of life that was senseless it should have never happened God Bless her and there Family .She was 39 yrs.old .

That's why I won't ride to any of these things! I just walk the stripe and admire the craft. Give nods to those that done good things...respect!

And it's so sad to hear about the lost of LIFE!!! God Bless Busa Family...NCpanther01.//

You know, I always tell new riders that owning a high power sportbike is like owning a firearm. If they are used by responsible people with proper training and practice, they can be incredibley fun and a great tool. You put one in the hands of irresponsible, show boating, dumb @$$, people WILL get hurt, killed, ticked, or broke.

We need to remind ourselves and those we ride with that what we decide to do while in the saddle can have dire consequences that can affect more that just us. I pray that the Lord will be with that NOW single father and his three motherless children.

Yeah,, the biker screwed up!!! He shouldn't have been hauling butt/wheeling!!!, but did the woman/couple just step out in front of him or what? Maybe they pedestrians never saw him at all or didn't look. Maybe they were just looking for cagers. If he had been doing speed limit,,would he have still hit her? It may not have been all his fault, don't be so quick to judge, you know, this guy is still going to have this on his conscience for the rest of his life or prison at least. "it already his fault, listen to the media" It could have happend to anyone just riding normal.  
I would hate to be in either shoes , the rider, or the woman's family,, my heart goes out to both families. Especially the children/husband, I pray they find peace and resolve. But ,everything happens for a reason.

I guess sportbikes are going to be banned now.

Sad story......Dayum squids strike again !
sad.gif

Rode over saturday from sarasota with 2 friends,harley guy's.Everyone was riding totally stupid more so around the speedway area.Was there in march for the big event and it sure didn't seem as bad.I stayed maybe a couple hours and left the crazyness behind it totally sucked imo and wont be going back again.My riding buddies stayed there for the weekend.

Chances are if the riders involved in the woman's accident would have not been riding stupid this would not have happened or at least maybe not as bad of a turn out for either party.If they were not riding fast, would have taken off from the traffic light in a normal manner been doing the speed limit (or less) with that many people there why would you even think of riding crazy 100,000 plus in for the event.Now he is looking at serious charges against him and in a few seconds of fun his whole life has changed forever.Very sad to say the least.

(tinbender0 @ Oct. 25 2006,16:40) Yeah,, the biker screwed up!!! He shouldn't have been hauling butt/wheeling!!!, but did the woman/couple just step out in front of him or what? Maybe they pedestrians never saw him at all or didn't look. Maybe they were just looking for cagers. If he had been doing speed limit,,would he have still hit her? It may not have been all his fault, don't be so quick to judge, you know, this guy is still going to have this on his conscience for the rest of his life or prison at least. "it already his fault, listen to the media" It could have happend to anyone just riding normal.  
I would hate to be in either shoes , the rider, or the woman's family,, my heart goes out to both families. Especially the children/husband, I pray they find peace and resolve. But ,everything happens for a reason.

I guess sportbikes are going to be banned now.
No they (the Bikes were at the light) and she wasn’t to far from that maybe 30-50yrds from that in the median going to cross the highway, I know this for a fact because I was there and it came to a end about 150yrds from the light because she was dragged approx. 160 or so feet to where she laid. The light was red and cause I heard them revving up the bikes at the light that’s what caught my eye to look over there and as soon as it turned green up they go , she and her husband probly seen the red light and proceeded to cross not knowing at a instance of the green light that the traffic (Bikes)would be there so quick , this is what I thinking I didn’t see her trying to cross at the time but I did watch them both take off like at a drag strip and pop up on 1 wheel with in the first few feet after leaving the light and said to my self what jerks they were doing this with so much stuff going on around ,and bam next thing I see the guy flying off and tumbling down the road getting the crap beat out of him ,I didn’t see the lady until I walked up to the edge of the road and seen her there . the distance I said earlier would work out about right considering the end result of where everyone was and came to a stand still, he was on the inside lane which is right up against the median, I don’t think he even seen them standing there or crossing at the time after the bike went vertical, It was the worst thing I ever seen and I hope never to see anything like that again. .Hey I’m no saint and I know allot of us like to ride a little fast but not in congested areas like that I laid my bike down and slid into a tree about 2yrs ago hitting the twisties a little to fast and inexperienced in that kind of riding but we were out in a non populated area, We all need to take in consideration of what if? mostly in the city riding and neighborhoods, Good example just the other day I was on us1 here in FL. Headed home from work and traffic from the Space Center was letting out and a couple guys came buy me flying I was doing 60 so they may have been 70-75 if not faster up on 1 wheel its only 55 down this highway traffic everywhere people in a hurry trying to get home a little sooner than others, but what if one of them dump it??? In front of one of us at that speed, freaking crazy man!!! Is there life that meaningless that they had to do it at that time instead of maybe in a vacant area where they could hurt there own self’s instead of others ,this is the hole concept of this discussion ,

While listening to the local news Saturday night in the hotel, they said his license was suspended. Did that turn out to be fact?

Back