Biketoberfest

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Well my first biketoberfest and I had an absolute BALL
super.gif
I was a demo riding fool. Next time I stay 2 days.

Disclaimer: I've been spoiled by the Busa, I do not mean to dump on anyone elses bike, these are soley my personal opinion and impressions.

As I was looking for a 2nd bike and like cruisers, thought I'd give a few a whirl. My first choice was the new V-Star 1300.

b1.jpg

I've heard a lot about the V-Twins low end torque, etc....As my first cruiser ride, I was somewhat underwhelmed. NO ARSE...I mean, I figured I'd feel a big pull then run out of RPM pretty quick and just shift...no...I just ran out of rpm. Where was the Pull?

So next I went over to the Harley guys and rode a 2007 Fat Boy, I figured more cubes = more pull.

b2.jpg

More cubes = more weight read review above. Underwhelmed again...hmmm.

Next I went to the Honda, they had a VTX...lady said 1300 or 1800....GIVE ME MORE CUBES...

VTX 1800

b3.jpg

I always thought this bike was just to darn big sitting in a showroom, but riding it was pretty decent. Had more punch than either of the other 2 and as the first bike with no windshield, it was o.k.

Back to the Harley place, rode a street bob (dyna motor) didn't even take a picture . It had pretty decent pull, I figure it was a lighter bike than the fatboy and a "performance exhaust" but sitting at a light the thing shook like...well...I even said out loud in my helmet "what a POS".

Then I got to ride....

h1.jpg

Oh no wait that was something else That brunnet in the middle...wow, what a looker (where is the drool icon?)

Back to the bikes, as I said then I got to ride...

b5.jpg

Now that bike had some ass. I did learn I am a tad too vertically challenged for the footpeg arrangement. I could reach but there was no bend in my knees. If I had a V-rod version with the pegs under me, I would have enjoyed it much more. Kudos on the motor though, I know some of you guys don't consider then Harleys but where ever the motor came from it is a decent power plant. I'd like a fat boy with punch like the v-rod.

And lastly...the winger

b4.jpg

I like this bike least of all. It has no soul. I started it and couldn't even tell if it was running. The windshield made me feel like I was riding in a vacumm and it was just sucking the air out of the ride as well as the fun. It was like riding an electric motorcycle, the motor even had an electric motor whine.

As far as the demo rides go, the honda guys were weinies with a gps tracking in their pocket. If the speed limit was 50...we did 50. On the flip side, I gotta hand it to the V-rod guys...they hauled arse. If it said 35 we were doing 80.

Bottom line, I enjoyed the crap out of myself and loved riding all the different bikes and the experience. It also made me appreciate the Busa even more. None can hold a candle to it. The bikes were all nice but after being spoiled on the busa...will I ever get a cruiser...maybe, but I have to get past the expectations. Cruisers are just that....cruising...slow...er.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to get on an M109 and they were all taken up for the day. Actually, I thought the guys at the Suzuki tent were kinda a-holes.

(Justyntym @ Oct. 23 2006,13:08) Then I got to ride....

h1.jpg

Oh no wait that was something else
beerchug.gif
That brunnet in the middle...wow, what a looker (where is the drool icon?)
Hot damn...I mean the um, erm, bike, of course...<.< >.>

I blame hormones!
pissed.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
(Justyntym @ Oct. 23 2006,14:54) I tried to get on an M109 and they were all taken up for the day. Actually, I thought the guys at the Suzuki tent were kinda a-holes.
Should of rolled up on the buss and did a burn out on them.

Thanks for the write up. I rode a friends new HD street glide with the 96 inch 6 speed and I was also underwhelmed. I had to roll into the north end of throttle and rpm range just to get it out of its own way. The brakes also felt scary weak; I prayed the whole time that no idgit pull in front of me. It was smooth tho...

(Justyntym @ Oct. 23 2006,17:54) I tried to get on an M109 and they were all taken up for the day. Actually, I thought the guys at the Suzuki tent were kinda a-holes.
<span style='color:orangered'>It wasn't just you! They were!!!</span>
wink.gif
rock.gif
beerchug.gif

Justyntym,
Nice write-up and pics. Still looking for the drool icon...

There is one version of the V Rod that has mid sets. I'm not up to speed on the Harley products ( can you use speed & Harley in the same sentence?) I think its the VRod Street Rod that has the mid sets.

If your looking for grunt the Yammie Road Liner has a 113 inch motor with a ton of torque. Its said to be faster than the Warrior by a tick in the 1/4 & its real comfy.

Back