Biketoberfest

I will be at Biketoberfest starting on Wed-or Thur and be there until Sunday. I already have a room booked. Perhaps we can all meet up if anyone else goes !!

Don
rotts4u@Aol.com

KawAbuser,
Biketoberfest is a annual event held in Daytona, Florida. This year it is October 21st-24th. I have never attended the fest but have done Bike Week for the last 5 years. Bike Week is the Superbowl of 2 wheeled sports! Every make and model you can imagine and all types of racing (they estimate 100,000 bikes this year at the fest). This year I'm doing the fest. During Bike Week, the Wendy's just off Main Street is the hangout for Sportbikes until midnight when the cops run everyone off. Then to the Hess gas station a 1/2 mile from the track. Lots of go-fast bikes and then off to the swamps for some serious RWYB (Run What Ya' Brung). Quite a few money runners out in the swamps as well as pride runners. The "Wheelie Boys" too... These guys do 120+MPH wheelies for miles in the dark... with a spotter behind using his high beams to show the way. There was 60-70 bikes running at top speed for 3 or 4 miles on the sweetest, straightest pavement in the south. I know there will be some Abusers there. Last year I camped in Port Orange off of Nova Blvd. for the first time. $20 a day and 7 miles from the track. Hot showers too!!! If anyone else is going to attend, we should hook-up down there. It has been the motorcycle highlight for me for the last 5 years. You won't be sorry. I know I got a bit long winded, but this is my favorite place to RWIB (Run What I Brung).
The link below has the schedule of events.

http://bikeweekreport.com/btf99scd.html

Later,
Nailz

[This message has been edited by emattson (edited 03 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by emattson (edited 04 August 1999).]

I'm in just keep me posted. I haven't been to biketoberfest before but went to Bike Week in 97 and had the time of my life.

Back