Biketoberfest

diesel

Registered
I would like to get a bunch of Busa's together and go Saturday morning.Kevin, I want to meet up with you guys...where and when. Where can we all meet out there?

I talked to Steve last night. We are planning on leaving North Lakeland at around 7:00 am, is that alright with you. 4 miles north of I-4 on US 98 exit 32. We can meet at the Circle K gas station, everyone can fill up and meet up. We may have as many as 8 to 10 people if Gypsy Joker and his clan come.

The plan is to ride up SR 33 to Groveland, then SR19, it takes us up into the Ocala Nat'l forest. That's a decent road, no traffic, nothing but trees and somewhat hilly roads (as far has Fl hills go) then head east on SR40 which will take us right into Ormond Beach. It is only about 7 miles down the beach to Daytona Beach. Hopefully flynjay can meet us somewhere around there and since he's from Daytona maybe he can lead us to the good activities of the day. I plan on heading back late in the afternoon, if you want to join me you can, if not, I would guess that if 10 bikes are going, you'll find someone that'll match your schedule.

If anyone else has any input, let's hear it.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097963025 -->

It's looking good for us at the present time~ I've got my bike all naked and doing
some changes~ Nothing major~ Just changing oil, oil filter, spark plugs, coolant,
air filter, and doing the pair block off kit thing~ Should have it all back together by
next weekend... if not tomorrow~
wink.gif

So we should head up I4 to exit 32? That's where the Circle K is located? Hopefully
I can get my partner to get up early enough to meet ya'll there by 7am~ In fact,
let me know where you're at, Diesel so we can get together with you too before
we head out to Lakeland~  
cool.gif

Sounds good.....

Correction on route...Ocala Forest to Ormond Beach is SR40 for those checking the map.

I should have lunch info real soon. I'm setting it up for around 11:30am for 15 people (no problem for more).

Jay

It's looking good for us at the present time~ I've got my bike all naked and doing
some changes~ Nothing major~ Just changing oil, oil filter, spark plugs, coolant,
air filter, and doing the pair block off kit thing~ Should have it all back together by
wink.gif

So we should head up I4 to exit 32? That's where the Circle K is located? Hopefully
I can get my partner to get up early enough to meet ya'll there by 7am~ In fact,
we head out to Lakeland~  
cool.gif
Exit 32, north on US98 approx. 4 miles to Circle K on the left. It is shortly after a Walgreens on the left. I'll go out today and count the traffic lights.

Kev

Got the bike put back together today~ Was a little suprised at how much more responsive she felt~ Maybe it's just me, maybe she was just over due for a tune up, but it sure felt much better then before~ My partner, Alfonso, is gone on vacation until Friday~ I'll get with him when he gets back in town and make sure we can meet up eary enough to get out there to you guys by 7am~ No biggie for me.. the wife, Brenda, and I will be gettin up 4:30am tomorrow to head up to JenningsGP~ I'm not gettin on the track myself, just playing pit crew for some good friends~ It's almost as much fun for me...  
cool.gif

I'll let ya'll know, for sure, if we're gonna make it to the Circle K on Saturday by the end of the week~ Even if Alfonso can't, I'm pretty sure Brenda (on her Kat750) and myself will~  
smile.gif

wink.gif

we head out to Lakeland~
cool.gif
We're in Trinity (sr54 + little rd). We can meet you early wherever...How about Chili's at that intersection and then we can shoot down the suncoast parkway? Where are all the other Fl. riders?Stringer....one time down....Revlis??

Well you're just down the road from me, Diesel~ I'm at Little Rd. and Fox Hollow, just a few lights south of 52~ Alfonso is somewhere on the St. Pete side of the bridge though~ If he's able to make it we'll prolly meet up with him along I75 or I275, which ever is best for where he's coming from, and then just hit I4 right on up to exit 32 (US98)~ I'll know better when he gets back from vacation..
wink.gif

I'm hooking up with some of my Road Star Warrior buddies at Hooters on ISB in Daytona at 1:00 on Sat, the 23rd. 'Busas are welcome, I'm bringing mine.

Well you're just down the road from me, Diesel~ I'm at Little Rd. and Fox Hollow, just a few lights south of 52~ Alfonso is somewhere on the St. Pete side of the bridge though~ If he's able to make it we'll prolly meet up with him along I75 or I275, which ever is best for where he's coming from, and then just hit I4 right on up to exit 32 (US98)~ I'll know better when he gets back from vacation..
wink.gif
If you guys are off 52, you could take 52 to Dade city, 98 comes out of there strait to North Lakeland. From that direction, the Circle K is at the first traffic light (other than the flashing yellow at the fire station) after the road opens up into 4 lanes. If 7:00 is too early we can modify the time, it 7:00 is ok, we'll leave it.

Kev

wink.gif

we head out to Lakeland~  
cool.gif
We're in Trinity (sr54 + little rd). We can meet you early wherever...How about Chili's at that intersection and then we can shoot down the suncoast parkway? Where are all the other Fl. riders?Stringer....one time down....Revlis??
Sorry Man, I'd rather have my fuggin nuts plucked clean with some rusty pliers than ride across Florida to watch a few thousand harley dipshits pat each other on the back and pose. No thanks...

I hope I am wrong... I hope you all head over there and run into a Sportbike Paradise. Take lots of pictures so you all can show us what we missed. But for me... The bike rallys hold absolutely no appeal... I'll miss riding out there with ya'll, and meeting up with you all though. So yeah... No Rally for me...

wink.gif

we head out to Lakeland~  
cool.gif
Sorry Man, I'd rather have my fuggin nuts plucked clean with some rusty pliers than ride across Florida to watch a few thousand harley dipshits pat each other on the back and pose.  No thanks...

I hope I am wrong...  I hope you all head over there and run into a Sportbike Paradise.  Take lots of pictures so you all can show us what we missed.  But for me...  The bike rallys hold absolutely no appeal...  I'll miss riding out there with ya'll, and meeting up with you all though.  So yeah...  No Rally for me...
I figure that if we get over there and the rally is a bust, we can just blame it on flynjay since he lives there. At least we'll maybe have had a nice ride over and back.
cool.gif

Just kidding jay
biggrin.gif

cool.gif

Sorry Man, I'd rather have my fuggin nuts plucked clean with some rusty pliers than ride across Florida to watch a few thousand harley dipshits pat each other on the back and pose. No thanks...

I hope I am wrong... I hope you all head over there and run into a Sportbike Paradise. Take lots of pictures so you all can show us what we missed. But for me... The bike rallys hold absolutely no appeal... I'll miss riding out there with ya'll, and meeting up with you all though. So yeah... No Rally for me...
Got you on the Harley crowd....I love watching 250 pound chicks squeezed into a size small leather halter top.Sexy! I went to Bikeweek last year and there were a LOT of sportbikes. I'd say40% at least. Just go for the ride, dude...that's the best part. Also you get some killer deals on stuff from the vendors.Where else can you get a free circus freak show? 5000 bald men with pony tails, Dentists and accountants with "ride to live" t-shirts, 10,000 bikes and 36 helmets....the greatest show on earth.
I like the idea of taking 52 across instead of the highway of death (I-4).

<!--EDIT|diesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098025676 -->

I like the idea of taking 52 across instead of the highway of death (I-4).
If all that is too early, you could even leave at about 6:30 and meet us in Groveland. The first stop I always make going up 33 is right as you cross 50 from 33, there is a Citgo truck stop, it's called Martin's on the NW corner. If you want to meet us at the Circle K, that's cool too.

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098043706 -->

wink.gif

If you guys are off 52, you could take 52 to Dade city, 98 comes out of there strait to North Lakeland. From that direction, the Circle K is at the first traffic light (other than the flashing yellow at the fire station) after the road opens up into 4 lanes. If 7:00 is too early we can modify the time, it 7:00 is ok, we'll leave it.

Kev
Yeah, I think I like that route better myself~ Prolly be easier to meet you at the Circle K too~ I can get lost pretty easy on them back roads! Straight up 52 to 98 and then the Circle k won't be too bad~ How 'bout we plan on meeting up at the FlyinJ on 52, Diesel~ Time yet to be determinded... not sure how long it would take to get there going this way~ Should be pretty quick in the early mornin hours though...

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098053709 -->

....and 7am should be fine~ Maybe give us to 7:30 or so in case we get caught behind some~ We won't keep ya'll waitig for too long~ Just PM myself or Diesel your cell number.. assuming you'll have one with ya.. and we'll call if it looks like we will be running behind for some reason or another~ I'd rather get an early start myself~  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098053834 -->

Here is a little map with a shortcut around Dade City, it will save you at least 10 minutes. It's a cool ride too down 52 and Clinton road (i'm pretty sure that's the name of it, you'll see it as soon as you turn at the stoplight) I hope this helps.

52map.jpg

Back