Bikes running really rich (tricky problem)

gymrat829

Registered
Hey guys, if anyone could help me out with some thoughts id appriciate it, My hayabusa runs very rich, you can smell the fuel in the exhaust and it goes through a tank as gas about 3 times as fast as it should, it will also stall after idling too long. I replaced, the pump, the injectors, and cleaned the fuel system. With each thing i did the bike ran much better when i got it, it ran like crap. The only problem now is its running very rich, i wonder if its the ecm, i know they dont really go bad but thats the only thing left i can think of, the bike has a reconstucted title and was in a wreck which i dont have any details on. Does anyone know where i can find a cheap ecm, there havent been ANY on eBay, ive kept an eye out. Thanks.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 10 min or so then reconnect to let the ECM reboot itself ?

what year is your bike? Take it to a dealer and have them check the program.

if you took the airbox off be sure the map sensor is hooked up.
The sensor is hooked up, i haven't tried disconnecting the battery for 10min though because i didnt know they could reset, ill try that and let you know, by the way i went to go to work this morning and the bike just cranks now, i checked it out after work and there is no spark, i installed new coils and plugs and still no spark. Do you think this could all be caused by a faulty computer, there is no spark in all 4 cylinders and like i said before that the injectors dumped wayy to much fuel even after installing new injectors.

if you tip over switch is not connected or at more than a 43 degree angle it won't spark at all.

there is a fuse next to fuse box it may be bad,it turns over right just no spark right?

there is a fuse next to fuse box it may be bad,it turns over right just no spark right?
Yes, it turns over with no spark and i replaced the spark plugs and coils with no luck already. Is this fuse inside the fuse box or is it a relay? Im getting a spark plug tester today to be 100% but i sprayed carb cleaner in the cylinder and cranked it and it woudnl't even sputter just cranked so i THINK theres no spark. Ill post more tonight. Thanks for your help.

Back