Biker gets $12,000 Speeding Ticket

mike1180

Banned
Interesting Story.
263 kph is about 164 mph.
Good thing he was only on a Honda. If he had a Busa he could have gotten into trouble!
This area is about 80 miles from Jasper National Park (huge) and they get about 2 million visitors a year. Pretty highly patrolled. Great road for it though.
He wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer for doing it there.
Also he got away and then got caught later in town, probably buying a Slurpee?
The weirdest thing is the maximum fine is $25,000 and he only got half of that?
Who are they saving the big fine for?
Well he can wear his badge proudly.
He spent the price of a new bike on 1 ticket.

Scan10018_edited.jpg

At first it looked like the article said a "no kilometer" limit... Then I saw the 110. That is a lot of money.

All you have to do is use half a brain.
We have way less police on the highways here.
I have had my bike for 3 years and no tickets - none at all.
Just not a fool at the wrong time, or the wrong place.
Can't say I haven't been a fool (hey anything over 120 mph on a travelled highway is foolish no matter where you are), but you have to use your brain.

It's only foolish if you get caught or killed. 12K really not sure which is worse at that point :eh: , but leaving the country an starting a life somewhere else may be cheaper.:laugh:

Hey if he is that much of a fool, turn in your license and drive without one.
Who will care at that point?
We have all done what he did at some time or another.
We have all lived through it and not got caught (in town afterward? DUH), but we have done it safely as possible by calculated risks of being killed and being caught.
There are times when it is worth the risks and times to walk away.
I have driven that road lots and it is a great road and really tempting, but the volumes of traffic, and the amount of police patrols make it stupid. It is unsafe for getting killed, or getting caught.
BUT who wouldn't want to rod through to town at 165 mph to get that well deserved Slurpee??

They busted him 280 Km away from where he was clocked. Pfft!!!!

I bet the lawyer from "What happens in Vegas" could get him out of that.

Back