Biker died today on I95

Funny, I feel more comfortable in my helmet. Could be that I'm just so used to it but I can't imagine riding without one. I rode a friend's HD a few weeks ago and had to borrow his open face. Even that felt too exposed for me.

R.I.P. rider and speedy recovery to the injured.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

A mechanical issue with Shatil's motorcycle caused its rear break to lock, Frith said. The problem caused Shatil to lose control of the bike and he fell onto I-95, Frith said.

The mechanical issue was most likey his right foot.

Shatil was not wearing a helmet when he crashed, but Edri was, FHP said.

Choice not chance controls your destiny!

A mechanical issue with Shatil's motorcycle caused its rear break to lock, Frith said. The problem caused Shatil to lose control of the bike and he fell onto I-95, Frith said.

The mechanical issue was most likey his right foot.

Shatil was not wearing a helmet when he crashed, but Edri was, FHP said.

Choice not chance controls your destiny!

Sounds like another example of the bad choice of using the rear brake!!
Please STOP!

Is the video showing up? I can't see it from my phone but saw it yesterday on the pc.
It shows one fat tire modified chopper and another Harley style bike. If he was riding that chopper on I95 it's no surprise. Speeds are high just cruising.

I have a friend that had an accident in Daytona about two days ago. He servived but hurt up pretty bad. He was doing 100+ with no Helmet! how crazy is that!

It's the same thing as the Guy up here in Syracuse, that went on a ride to protest the helmet law lost control and died of head injuries. Worst part about it he was a Medical Examiner from another county. RIP rider. Proper riding gear it's in the :rulez:

Sorry to hear of the riders death, RIP, but there were a few issues here. First and foremost, not wearing a helmet. And riding a bike with a rake angle that renders the front break useless; so you just lock up your rear break in an emergency stop.

Back