Biker Boyz

Puck

Registered
“Coming to a theater near you†release date January 31st.  A motorcycle version of “The Fast and the Furiousâ€.  The movie is based on an article called “Biker Boyz†published in the New Times Los Angeles weekly newspaper in April, 2000.  Laurence Fishburne stars as “the king of Cali†who rides a tricked out Hayabusa.  If you’re a motorcycle fan, you should like this movie.  It has all the blood pumping action of drag racing, stunts and gratuitous T&A.

For information on the movie, check-out http://www.bikerboyz.com you can see a trailer of the movie.  There was also an article in the January/February issue of Motorcycle Street & Strip http://www.mssmag.com that has a picture of four Hayabusas in a line with twenty other motorcycles.

There is another motorcycle movie called “Torque†due out in 2003.
cool.gif

Well lets all get prepared for the flood of new sign ups to come on the board, and all the questions that are going to come with it. I can see it already, 17 years old take your babe to see the movie, she thinks its cool and then that night after he has dropped his date off, Internet search, Hayabusa.org comes up and the games will begin......

Anyone else think the same way? I gurantee the usage on the sight is going up.

Takers
rock.gif

Well lets all get prepared for the flood of new sign ups to come on the board, and all the questions that are going to come with it. I can see it already, 17 years old take your babe to see the movie, she thinks its cool and then that night after he has dropped his date off, Internet search, Hayabusa.org comes up and the games will begin......

Takers  
rock.gif
Yhea maybe we should have a section called Busa Boys (and GaLS)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Oh Boy........
Gimme a break. Another very fictional movie. Besides the HA's in NE would have them all dead in a week. I am not racists, but what's up with the movie. Don't the other races get to represent. Seems like a take off on the Ruff Riders to me.
mad.gif

I've been dreading the day this movie comes out since I first saw the trailer a while back. Fast and Furious on bikes. F & F was a comedy wasn't it?

Yes Captain, I expect we will get more activity on the board from newbies asking questions about getting a 'Busa for their first bike and "how can I do those stoppies like in the movie?", "I just crashed my new 'Busa, where can I find cheap parts?".

Can't wait for "Torque" to come out. yay...

Good call Bren.. We are on the same page me thinks (scary eh?
rock.gif
)

I watched the preview a few weeks back... I think it will be more out of touch with reality than FnF was. For starters they are racing to be the "king of cali" ... aside from the cash, and TnA that goes with that .. they are trying to take his "crown" (helmet.. a HJC Symax I think) because having the crown is the key. ...

-sigh

Secondly.. a Hayabusa is the "bad guys" bike.. which will end up getting beat by the "good guy" on the ZXlookingthing.. which we all know.. could never ever happen in a million years.
wink.gif
muscle.gif

Gratuitous t&a Ilike that.I've seen some trailers looks good my nephew was almost in it.His last movie was paid in full

Lighten up guys, it's only a movie...

There has been a huge increase in sportbike riding over the last few years.  Bikes today are faster and lighter then bikes from just a few years ago.  I don't condone stunt riding on the street, but the fact is that it's becoming bigger everyday.  All of the major motorcycle magazines show some guy riding a wheelie on the cover.  There are stunt riding competitions taking place all over the country (In a controlled environment).  It was just a matter of time before Hollywood took notice and made a movie.

Would you pay money to watch a sport touring movie.  Wake me up when its over, snore...  
Oo.gif

Anyone else think the same way? I gurantee the usage on the sight is going up.[/QUOTE]
Captain you might want to move The First Time Void to the top of the page or better yet make the site Intro a big warning.  ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK AND BE PREPARED TO RECEIVE SERIOUS WRITTEN ABUSE IN RESPONSE TO THE QUESTIONS YOU ARE ABOUT TO ASK.

Captain you might want to move The First Time Void to the top of the page or better yet make the site Intro a big warning.  ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK AND BE PREPARED TO RECEIVE SERIOUS WRITTEN ABUSE IN RESPONSE TO THE QUESTIONS YOU ARE ABOUT TO ASK.[/QUOTE]
ices_rofl.gif

director.gif
"If you ask stupid questions, you may be subject to severe mental abuse resulting in your tear ducts overflowing, and you never coming back."

all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Captain you might want to move The First Time Void to the top of the page or better yet make the site Intro a big warning.  ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK AND BE PREPARED TO RECEIVE SERIOUS WRITTEN ABUSE IN RESPONSE TO THE QUESTIONS YOU ARE ABOUT TO ASK.
ices_rofl.gif

director.gif
 "If you ask stupid questions, you may be subject to severe mental abuse resulting in your tear ducts overflowing, and you never coming back."

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I believe it will result in a lot of B.S. questions, and we all know hollywood is full of sh@t Because the Kawi would never beat a Busa. I mean Come on ! Hopefully though we can get a few serious riders that join. The credit deal sounds good??

all_coholic.gif

Kawi beats the 'Busa? Oh now the movie is ruined for me. I know the ending!
crazy.gif

Ok Puck I'll lighten up, I know it's just a movie, but people already have preconceived notions about sportbikes, and I just don't think this movie will help.

A movie about sport touring? If it's on a 'Busa I'd go see it.

At least they are wearing gear...Maybe we'll see a few less squids becuase the gear cool factor just went up?

Boy is the age bracket on this board obvious LOL You guys did it when you where young and no one could tell you different . I am not saying its right but I have given up preachin . Let them ask I still think a Busa is as good a first bike as any other they will all do well into the triple digits the Busa doesnt wheelie as easy as some of the others . Depends on you attitude . But you can get killed as easy on a GSXR 600 as you can a Busa . Busa just has higher top speed by 25 Mph maybe

PS I cant wait to see the movie me and a bunch of biker friends usually get together and watch this stuff You have to laugh at it . I wonder if the hire the Oaklahoma City riders to do some of the stunts they look awful firmiliar sometimes

Kudos for predicting the fallout of this movie, and pre-discussing how we should handle it.

I love you guys but we are acting a bit high and mighty here. Yes, most of us are older (average age 35), most of us are experienced, and we have knowledge. This movie will idealize riding, and bring more attention to the Busa. In itself, that is a good thing. Unfortunately, it might encourage the immature and the inexperienced to do stupid things. To me, it will be our unfortunate responsibility to lead by example rather than pound these guys into the dirt. When you were young, what did you do when older people told you not to do something? THINK ABOUT IT! Think about how we will have the ability to influence people's lives. We may not have asked for such resposibility, but here it is.

I predict that we will get a ton of people coming to the board, as they will to all the Busa boards. If we stay true to the spirit of the site, the idiots will be bored and quickly fade away to other "idiot friendly" sites, and the ones with maturity will hang out here, which is a good thing. We just need to be patient, honest, and give the guys a chance to benefit from our considerable experience and knowledge. Our worst mistake will be to have verbal wars with these guys.
brave.gif

Thinker

a little ahead of ourselves, we are.. in the voice of Yoda

Gonna be plenty of young punks in the movie, but look at the star. Laurence Fishbourne. He is no spring chicken, and always makes the best of bad situations. I expect he will make us look better than you think.
hmmm.gif

Besides the HA's in NE would have them all dead in a week. I am not racists, but what's up with the movie. Don't the other races get to represent. Seems like a take off on the Ruff Riders to me. [/QUOTE]

Sorry, but what are HA's? NE, as in what...New England?

I haven't seen the movie clip, but if Laurence Fishburne is the lead guy, I assume it revolves around a black motorcycle group. Apparently, that is what the movie makers wanted to do. What's wrong with that? Of course other ethnicities ride, but it is not the movie makers responsibility to represent all facets of society...I wouldn't be surprised if the Ruff Riders provided the inspiration for this movie. Hard to deny that Thier flamboyant style is entertaining, to say the least.

Perhaps the next movie will focus on a different segment of society, and there is nothing wrong with that either.

jump9.gif

Thinker

I wont get into the ethnicity thing movie makers make what they want I am sure it has nothing to do with some sort of race thing Its just a movie for gods sake hehehe But I will put my 2 cents in about other riders of any age I met a 60 year old man on a Ninja who loved riding in the mountains on the windy roads . the best thing you can do for any rider of any level is not to push them to do dumb things or go faster than they are ready for . Try not to push there limits if you ride in a group dont walk off and leave them every chance you get because you are a better rider they will just push harder till they make a mistake Yes I will admit younger people take more chances and generally show off more but to catagorize anyone under 30 or 25 or whatever as an inexperinced rider is not fair either I am 32 and I am glad and have learned alot from all of the experience I have had I still shjow off some I like wheelies as far as the eye can see . But I am more careful about where and when I do them and boy can a hayabusa do them gotta love the power huh

Back