Biker Boyz

Thinker62
I live about 45min. outside of chicago(naperville,IL). An again I am new to all this,(1 summer of riding time) were is laguna seca?
withstupid.gif
(city,state country)
1zhelp.gif
Either I misssed that, or you should have told me that before...I would have known that you are cool. I grew up in Chicago, then lived in Bolingbrook (Rt. 53 & Boughton) for about 10 years. My kids and ex still live there.

Back on the subject...Laguna Seca is a track in Monterey CA. We are all going there (to watch) for the big prof. motorcycle races. I believe this is the only US stop for the International racers. Anyway, thousands of bikers converge there to watch the races, enjoy the awesome local riding and scenery, and hang out with each other. We will have about 20 Busas meeting up and Labusa reportedly will have 50 or 60. This will be in addition to thousands of other bikes as well. Find my thread on Laguna Revisited and you will see pics from Flying Swan. If you can possibly make it, there is no substitute!

For you, it would be expensive because you will want to ship your bike out there. That would cost anywhere from $750-$1,200. I have another Chicago Busa buddy looking into it. Then you would have to add your plane fare and hotel. Others are riding or towing to Laguna. (It would take you 2-3 daqys to drive there.) One guy from the East coast is flying and renting a VFR out there.

If you wanted to experience something similar but not nearly as good, you could go to the races at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI. That track is about 2.5 hours from you and the races are usually in June I think. I used to go every year, but it is no comparison to Laguna.

Thinker

Thinker62
I live about 45min. outside of chicago(naperville,IL). An again I am new to all this,(1 summer of riding time) were is laguna seca?
withstupid.gif
(city,state country)
1zhelp.gif
G.T.F. OUT!!!!!

I was born in Elmhurst, raised in Wheaton/Warrenville area... small freakin world! Thinker is from that area too! wow...
biggrin.gif

I'm glad they made this movie I'll check it out at some point...But I really don't care what affect or effect that it has on the rest of society...Point is you are either a rider or your not...If some bold, daring person comes with a challenge they had better bring their lunch cause "STUNNAH" don't play and "STUNNAH" will
muscle.gif
...Period...

Stunnah Don't get to caught up in using that is actually reserved for use by the "STUNNAH"...And now that you know that, you had better show the "STUNNAH" his respect or he will be forced to on you!!!! [/QUOTE]

muscle.gif
Stunnah
muscle.gif
Is that how you injured the back?

Thinker

muscle.gif

I like your style Pure ego;
Eh? You guys see that.... I got Stylez.. who knew?  

I think Stunnah makes a good point..  One I hadn't really thought of... if we do get a whole lot of new riders.. it will be messy.. and temporary.  Hopefully they are all as lucky as Crash2000 and live to show us the pics.

Most of the new guys would just leave when the next big fad comes along anyway. ..  There like "band wagon" jumpers..  1 minute they are a Dallas fan.. the next they like Green Bay, the next.. San Fran.. the next Atlanta..  etc.

Lifelong Raider Fan (with style! )
eGo

I like your style Pure ego; and I will order a shirt so I can rep my hayabusa site.
muscle.gif

jump9.gif

muscle.gif
Akira,

Don't get to caught up in using
muscle.gif
that is actually reserved for use by the "STUNNAH"...And now that you know that, you had better show the "STUNNAH" his respect or he will be forced to
muscle.gif
on you!!!!
O.K I guess I can repect that,so because I'm a big anime fan and DBZ is 1 of the all time greats.
AAAssjani.gif
That will be my new trade mark.(w/ no probelms I hope.) And the "stunnah"
muscle.gif
man has nothing on my super sayian goku look alike
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

Speaking of football falcons are killin green bay 24-o(by the way I'm a loyal COWBOYS fan; has been for 13 years now)
Holla back
AAAssjani.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Akira,

Thanks, but the surgery was a must then. But it would have been needed by now any how. I'm probably going to have to have the other one cut eventually. I'm in the St. Louis area and we will be heading up your way the weekend of June 21. I don't know yet if it is going to be Sat. or Sun.. We are doing a Rt. 66 ride to a town north of Springfield. Watch the rides sections when spring gets a little closer.

Steve

ego style
jump9.gif

Akira is a new guy. huh?

just teasing BRYAN. (spelled it right to)

Welcome to the board AKIRA..
smile.gif

Thinker62
withstupid.gif
(city,state country)
1zhelp.gif
G.T.F. OUT!!!!!

I was born in Elmhurst, raised in Wheaton/Warrenville area... small freakin world! Thinker is from that area too! wow...  
biggrin.gif
Okay, maybe since I'm from your hometown area don't mean squat.. but I will answer your question.
hmmm.gif

Laguna Seca: July 2003
Monterey, Ca. U.S.A.

all_coholic.gif

Kudos for predicting the fallout of this movie, and pre-discussing how we should handle it.

I love you guys but we are acting a bit high and mighty here. Yes, most of us are older (average age 35), most of us are experienced, and we have knowledge. This movie will idealize riding, and bring more attention to the Busa. In itself, that is a good thing. Unfortunately, it might encourage the immature and the inexperienced to do stupid things. To me, it will be our unfortunate responsibility to lead by example rather than pound these guys into the dirt. When you were young, what did you do when older people told you not to do something? THINK ABOUT IT! Think about how we will have the ability to influence people's lives. We may not have asked for such resposibility, but here it is.

I predict that we will get a ton of people coming to the board, as they will to all the Busa boards. If we stay true to the spirit of the site, the idiots will be bored and quickly fade away to other "idiot friendly" sites, and the ones with maturity will hang out here, which is a good thing. We just need to be patient, honest, and give the guys a chance to benefit from our considerable experience and knowledge. Our worst mistake will be to have verbal wars with these guys.
brave.gif

Thinker
Hey Thinker,

That was very well put.  I agree with you totally.  But I personally can think of a number of ways to bring the excitement of motorcycling to the public in a manner that emphasizes safety.  Motorcycling in general is based on the emphasis of "RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"  Let's face it, we as riders are enthusiasts for the most part.  We all love motorcycles and the joys associated with riding.  There are others that can't even appreciate our fascination.  Just think about this for a minute.  When you took your motorcycle exam, just how many questions regarded traffic and encounters with other vehicles?  On the the other hand, when you took your auto driver's license, there was not one question in regards to motorcycles.  Do we not deserve the same conscious safety effort as those afforded to automobiles?  Just my .02

Brian

Kudos for predicting the fallout of this movie, and pre-discussing how we should handle it.

I love you guys but we are acting a bit high and mighty here. Yes, most of us are older (average age 35), most of us are experienced, and we have knowledge. This movie will idealize riding, and bring more attention to the Busa. In itself, that is a good thing. Unfortunately, it might encourage the immature and the inexperienced to do stupid things. To me, it will be our unfortunate responsibility to lead by example rather than pound these guys into the dirt. When you were young, what did you do when older people told you not to do something? THINK ABOUT IT! Think about how we will have the ability to influence people's lives. We may not have asked for such resposibility, but here it is.

I predict that we will get a ton of people coming to the board, as they will to all the Busa boards. If we stay true to the spirit of the site, the idiots will be bored and quickly fade away to other "idiot friendly" sites, and the ones with maturity will hang out here, which is a good thing. We just need to be patient, honest, and give the guys a chance to benefit from our considerable experience and knowledge. Our worst mistake will be to have verbal wars with these guys.
brave.gif

Thinker
Hey Thinker,

That was very well put.  I agree with you totally.  But I personally can think of a number of ways to bring the excitement of motorcycling to the public in a manner that emphasizes safety.  Motorcycling in general is based on the emphasis of "RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"  Let's face it, we as riders are enthusiasts for the most part.  We all love motorcycles and the joys associated with riding.  There are others that can't even appreciate our fascination.  Just think about this for a minute.  When you took your motorcycle exam, just how many questions regarded traffic and encounters with other vehicles?  On the the other hand, when you took your auto driver's license, there was not one question in regards to motorcycles.  Do we not deserve the same conscious safety effort as those afforded to automobiles?  Just my .02

Brian
Absolutely correct! I fully agree Brian, but if you are making a point regarding this movie or how it will influence newbie riders, I am missing it.

BTW, send me your e-mail address.

Thinker

Nah, I wasn't really making a point that was relevant to the movie, but I just started rambling after reading all the posts. I have this little thing about legislation and the laws that govern vehicle safety.

BTW, you can contact me at bacharles11@msn.com.

Brian

Thinker62
withstupid.gif
(city,state country)
1zhelp.gif
G.T.F. OUT!!!!!

biggrin.gif
Okay, maybe since I'm from your hometown area don't mean squat.. but I will answer your question.  
hmmm.gif

Laguna Seca: July 2003
Monterey, Ca. U.S.A.  

all_coholic.gif
Sorry for not posting want I was thinking. Its great to hear that other people are from this area. I got so busy bragging about the site at work that I forgot to reply. Also being from the southside of chicago; I wasn't sure if I sould say that I live in naperville.(U KNOW REP TO PROTECT) We hang out at 4 coners off 75th and main st. Downer Grove, and Down town naperville.
AAAssjani.gif

Akira,

Thanks, but the surgery was a must then.  But it would have been needed by now any how.  I'm probably going to have to have the other one cut eventually.  I'm in the St. Louis area and we will be heading up your way the weekend of June 21.  I don't know yet if it is going to be Sat. or Sun..  We are doing a Rt. 66 ride to a town north of Springfield.  Watch the rides sections when spring gets a little closer.

Steve
I would love to hookup w/ some busa 4 a change.(havein the best bike out my group is making them look bad(r6s,r1s,zx12) good bikes but know busa.) I will keep a look out for that date.

Holla back
AAAssjani.gif

Biker Boyz opens January 31st everywhere.
I just finally saw the t.v. commercial for it. Looks action packed. But you know how the trailers are.

Back