Bike won't start...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, looking for some pointers... Little bro just bought New Busa 2006! Installed the Evo Akro full exhaust and removed pair valve assy.... Put bike back together and fired up one time! Ran like a champ, turned off the bike went to bed and Now she won't start....
Suggestions? Installed new plugs, made sure everything was hooked up, not kinked, or missing... Anyone have this happen to them before? Was thinking about re setting the ECU.

when you turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump start up? Is it out of gear? Is the kill switch off? Does the headlight come on?

He might have just turned the key back too far and killed the battery overnight.

Hi guys.  I am new to the org.  I have a black '06 busa and just added the akro full exhaust.  My brother posted pictures of my bike after I bought it but hadn't joined the site yet.  My bike is in pieces right now due to the problem mentioned above.  Help!!!    
crazy.gif

(300Busa @ Dec. 30 2006,13:31) when you turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump start up?  Is it out of gear?   Is the kill switch off?  Does the headlight come on?
Fuel pump comes on.
It is out of gear.
Kill switch is off.
Head light comes on.
The starter goes and goes and it acts like it wants to start but doesn't. Then I can smell fuel.

The only other thing that come to mind right now is that there is a wire touching against the header/pipe somewhere that melted after it got hot. Let us know what you find out.

(nitrousjunkie @ Dec. 30 2006,14:00) The  vacuum ports plugged where the pair hoses went?
+1 and make sure the crankcase hose is still connected to the airbox. Hell, just check to make sure all of your vaccum hoses are connected beneathe the gas tank. It very easy somtimes to accidently disconnect a vaccum line.

You said it ran fine AFTER you installed the exhaust, then you just turned the key off and it sat overnight, now it won't start?

I removed the plugs which were completely clean and no evidence of spark.  Then I unplugged the ECU then replugged it in and attempted to restart and she came alive after much delay.  Thanks for the quick replys and input.
beerchug.gif

So what happened??

Doing the exhaust and PAIR valve doesn't mess with the spark plugs or the electrical connections to them??

Did you install a PC3?

Just curious...

rock.gif
?
rock.gif
good grief........... where are all the trouble shooters that are normally on here

rock.gif

One hour and 30 minutes between posting the problem and finaly posting that it was fixed! Good job team!
beerchug.gif

Make sure that the bracket holding the tip over switch isnt broken...happened to me.  Would not start intermittently and was not  something you would normally think of going wrong.  I think I came down hard on the front tire after going over a hill and getting the crap scared out of me.  This caused the bracket to snap.  It is located under your seat.  Might wanna check it out.

Did you hook up the ground wire to the PC3 on the battery?

Back