bike wont start ?

johnstein

Donating Member
Registered
ok long story short 23000 miles ,2005 busa , rough acceleration over 8000 rpm , do search on org , find fuel filter should be the problem ! remove and clean bmc race filter , then remove fuel pump from tank clean mesh and cant locate cartrige filter they show in manual so put everything back together fuel pump whines then stops cycle key 3 times bike will crank but not start go to gas station get 2 gallons of gas bike still wont start removed pump again to double chech all reinstall bike still wont start

cranks but wont start ?

very frustrated
john stein
guns.gif

My fuel pump will whine then stop also. Maybe to get the pressure up at first? I think that may be normal to whine then stop.
It will do it every time I turn key on and then run continuous when bike starts I think, can't hear it.

Maybe you have a kinked line or blockage somewhere? Air bound?

I think BA Busa had similiar problem. Maybe drop him a PM.
At any rate, a BUMP.

John, here's a Gunny posted. The first diagram is a pre-05, and looks like the cartridge you were looking for? Further down on page he posted another diagram. That explains why it isn't there if it's been changed.
Hope it helps.

thanks charlie , goin to head to the bike shop to pick up a new filter i blew compressed air through the other one , maybe i broke it ? the whine is definatly normal just wanted to let anyone who looked at my post know that the pump was functioning , its got me pretty frustrated ! took the day off today cause bike wouldnt start , went to jump in the suburban , havent drivin it since 4th of july , dead battery , put charger on it and it stilll wont start just a bad day i guess !
rant.gif

you may have blown something into a channel and completely blocked the filter. YOU took a day off? That must be like the second one this year right? Dayum.
Good Luck with filter

bluegrab.gif
thanks to all for the help ! gave me the umph! to take it all apart again and low nj behold ,pic below, the 2 piece o ring was causing the problem ! talked with daniel aka goldenchild and he had a similar situation

so , where the electric fuel pump connects to the fuel line that heads out of the tank there is an oring if its in two pieces bike wont run cracked bike runs like shiat!

went to 2 suzuki dealers nobody has a fuel filter in stock 5 to 7 days to order 1 , was goin to put one on order till they told me with a straight face the filter would cost two hundred and sixty eight dollars ? wtf ! so i know i can find one cheaper online ? got to love the dealer !
race.gif
so i am back rollin again thanks again john stein

i asked if the 268 price was for the whole pump , nope pump is 6 and change !
SHOCKED.gif

o_ring.jpg

local auto parts had them in stock , 10 bucksfor a set of six , dealer probably want 50 bucks for 1

I was going to mention that O-ring could be the problem...
wink.gif

uh, no, no I wasn't...
I had no idea...
sad.gif

Glad you are back running though!
smile.gif
You get pics from RoadTrip mag?
cool.gif

Back