Bike wont start

1slow2v

Registered
had a post before about how im reasssembling my bike and it wont start. thought i might of had a ecu problem ... long story short the gauges are freaked out, something like 7500 rpm 60mph and overheating.. i can kill the tach with the kill switch or by unplugging the ecu, kill the speedo by unplugging the speed sensor and im pretty sure if i unplug both temp sensors the temp gauge will drop.. been a while since i messed with it.. long story short i couldn't find anything in common between all of the problems except for the cluster.. bought another one and its doing the same thing.. tried a new battery thinking voltage might be back feeding somehow.. the only thing that i can find is a single 2 wire rectangular plug on the head light harness that is empty. think it has  a black/white wire and a brown or a brown/white wire.

bad ground cable? starter relay? harness issue?

need help bad! im getting gray hair from this damn thing!

im located in durant oklahoma about 15 mins from texas on 75
if anyone is close

thanks in advance jason

had a post before about how im reasssembling my bike and it wont start. thought i might of had a ecu problem ... long story short the gauges are freaked out, something like 7500 rpm 60mph and overheating.. i can kill the tach with the kill switch or by unplugging the ecu, kill the speedo by unplugging the speed sensor and im pretty sure if i unplug both temp sensors the temp gauge will drop.. been a while since i messed with it.. long story short i couldn't find anything in common between all of the problems except for the cluster.. bought another one and its doing the same thing.. tried a new battery thinking voltage might be back feeding somehow.. the only thing that i can find is a single 2 wire rectangular plug on the head light harness that is empty. think it has a black/white wire and a brown or a brown/white wire.

bad ground cable? starter relay? harness issue?

need help bad! im getting gray hair from this damn thing!

im located in durant oklahoma about 15 mins from texas on 75
if anyone is close

thanks in advance jason
Year? Mileage? Pics?

You could be some Kawi board member trying to get some screenshot of a "busa owner with problems"... so c'mon... give more info!!!

Why did you take apart your bike, etc...
rock.gif
Which gear are you going 60mph in? 7500rpm's in which gear? etc....

We all know that the 06 busa is a masterpiece.... and will beat the 14 if properly ridden... so on and so forth...

A Dr. needs info... only then can he go into surgery!

dont worry bout that empty headlight harness. its only used on the european models.

i think he's saying only when the key is turned on that it malfuntions, not that he's traveling 60mph, title says bike wont start  
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

sounds like a harness issue...double check connections and make sure you didnt somehow plug something in the wrong place or whatever

or see if you can borrow an ecu from someone and see if thats the culprit

<!--EDIT|psycobusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154944278 -->

Definelty check the wiring harness.

If you have pulled the nose off and unplugged all that stuf its very easy to pinch, cross, or cut a wire.

Take it apart and start over again. Follow a manual when reassembling it.

ttt and the full scoop on the ####### child busa i own..

first the story general story on her before the problem arose

i bought the bike off of a friend who had a low speed drop, he  just removed most of the fairing and was going to fix it then the bike sat for a while. a buddy crashed his bike and he loaned him a few relays to get his bike back on the road. he replaced them with new parts.. the bike sat some more and my freind  just lost intrest.. he priced it to cheap to pass up..  so i jumped on it.. i had to buy plastics but that was about it.. when i picked her up i had to push the bike on the trailer due to a dead battery.. got all the fairings.. a little bling.. under tail.. gsxr 1000 front fender.. all that crap to make her pretty again.. fitted every thing and sent every the plastics out to the painter.. he took his sweet ass time to #### up my paint job... but i decided to hell with it and wanted to go for a ride.. put her back together with a new battery of course, and low and behold the gremlin arose..

when you turn the key on, the gauges go to 60mph 7500rpm and the temp gauge goes into the red and the clock says chec.. i went over all the wiring numorous times, even went so far as to field stripping the harness trying to find a pinch.. couldn't find anything.. got sick of looking at my paint so i sent it out to be redone while i was looking for the problem..

a buddy was at the texas motorplex and talked to some guys about it.. and one of them said he had similar problems and a cluster fixed it.. bought a cluster and still the same issues..

i cant find anything and its getting old.. the parts that have been changed do to damage are, the side stand turn signal relay the headlight harness and the cooling fan relay..

hope this answers any questions anybody has.. oh and everyone i know with a busa has sold their bikes due to various reasons so i cant grab a ecu/cdi to see if thats the problem..

i guess its now time for round two..

oh and its an 01 with 6400 6500 miles not for sure as it puts the miles on any time the key is on while im trying to figure this issue out..

and for the record i used to have a 02 r1, but damn sure no kawi.. they are ugly piles of crap imo..

my bike is at work so ill try to remember my camera for pics so i can satisfy everyone..

Has it ever ran right since the tip over? Could the tip over sensor be jazzed up guys? I can't think of anything else.

it ran, he rode it home.. about a week before i bought it we jumped it, and it cranked fine, wouldn't run, no fuel, but it still cranked and every thing looked normal...

Back