BIKE WON'T START

SABU

Registered
NEED HELP PLS. 2000 HAYABUSA WITH 365 MILES ONLY, SAT IN THE GARAGE FOR YEAR AND NOW, WHEN YOU TURN THE IGNITION ON THE FUSE IN FUEL KEEP'S BLOW'N. FUEL AND WATER PUMP RELAY ARE GOOD BUT I CAN'T GET IT RUNING. STARTER AND MOTOR TURN. I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START CHECKING THE SHORT CIRCUIT. PLS. HELP....

Specifically, which fuse is blowing and when does it happen? When you say turn the ignition on do you mean before engaging the starter or after? What if any mods have you made to the bikes electrical?

thank's for answering guy's, the small 10a fuse labeled fuel that's keeps blow'n everytime i turn the key to on position.
cleaning the tank was the first thing I did, 2nd fuel pump, 3rd checking the side stand relay, side stand switch and fuel relay as per service manual. they are all good. I even clean the spark plugs

Try having the kill switch on and turn the key on... did it blow the fuel fuse?  if not turn the kill switch off... did it blow the fuel fuse?

Perhaps a mouse nestd in your busa and chewd through a wire or 2 while sitting.  u can try checking the +12vdc lines for shorts to ground...

i hope this helps till some1 more expercianced chimez in...

help1.jpg

Sounds to me like your fuel pump siezed up over the winter. As Battery tries to run to the pump to precharge the injectors the pump is drawing to much amperage blowing the fuse

Try disconnecting the power lead to the fuel pump (at the pump) and see if it still blows the fuse. If it does then it is an internal fuel pump problem. Replace the pump and problem should be solved.

Back