Bike wont start. Not sure why.

hws the outcome dude.......???

im having the same prob...changed my rectifier and starter motor and shes good to ride again...

hws the outcome dude.......???

im having the same prob...changed my rectifier and starter motor and shes good to ride again...
It was a relay up front that needed changing and a wire was cut... Check your relays man..... My bike starts and runs perfectly now...:thumbsup:

It was a relay up front that needed changing and a wire was cut... Check your relays man..... My bike starts and runs perfectly now...:thumbsup:

Can you give more info on which relay it was up front? I have a similar problem, only difference is mine will sometimes start after repeatedly pressing the start button.

behind the clutch arm is a micro switch,,it has contacts in it like a set of points,,,if they dont make contact the bike will not start,,,that is your problem,,,,either clean the contacts that become corroded over time,,, ,,or replace the switch..Mine were corroroded and I cleaned them and it started right up,,alot of guys dont know that switch is there,,thats why the bike will not start in glear with the clutch out,,,,easy fix,,,,,,,,,,,It happened to me at a gas station when I went to restart the bike it was dead,I knew the battery was good so I kept resqueezing the clutch with the starter button held pushed in and it finally fire up,,,,,easy fix,,until that day I had no idea that switch exsisted,,,,I went home and cleaned the contacts and life is good

Last edited:
Moin moin,

an easy test to check the micro switch ist to jumper the two cables (e.g. with a paper clip) going to the switch.
If your engine starts then, it's the switch...

Ciao
D1

Im having the same exact problem....!!!! Anyone have a pic or can direct me to the relay. My 02 won't start which is crazy!!!

Fellas after reading and going BUSA crazy in the house and theweather is in the high 80's!!! I have after market levers on my bike. And they have a lil toggle switch with numbers you can adjust. Mine were moved by whomever and the clutch wasn't getting full contact!!!!! I adjusted the switch to the same as the brake and BANG it started....I love U guys for making me keep checking because I was going crazy in the house... Now I'm the Flog Out Of Here!!!!!!!

Back