Bike Week Myrtle Beach

Creekboy

Registered
I plan on going this year there will be over 300,000 bikes there and tons of stuff to do....Im looking now to reserve my place....does anybody have a time share or know of a good place to stay in Myrtle Beach...if so please let me know asap, and I would like to see if any board members are going...thanks Mick

Kim and I normally go (last few years.). It's a great time and we have seen very few problems there.

This year we are planning a West Virginia trip around the same time. Kim wants to see where I grew up and stuff. I was born in Buckhannon WV, where they just had that mining tragedy.

If we don't go north, we will be at MB for the week. I'll let you know at the bash in April, we should know by then.

ALSO, keep in mind that the dates you posted are for "white bike week", per say. There will be very few "sport" bikes there during those dates. All of the vendors there will be cruiser/hardley related. However, there is reportedly fewer "problems" during that week.

"black bike week" is normally around memorial day. That event focuses mostly on sport bikes and the vendors are similar. There is more Bullshid and problems to deal with during that period. ie. some stores close, ocean blvd is ONE WAY as to prevent cruising, cops have a hard on for tickets, etc.

Kim and I have been to both and have never had any problems to report. Personally I like going to "grey" bike week (period between events). The hardley stuff is leaving and the sport stuff is comming. That way we get the best of both worlds.

my two cents,
Chris

Mick, make sure you take your bike in the room with you.
wink.gif

mick, I have been during "black bike week" and it is crazy. Last time we were checking into the patrica grand hotel and they had a dump truck backed up under the balcony throwing furniture into it from some of the rooms people had stayed in.:O So as you can imagine, it is crazy then. As the others have said, if you go during "white bike week" you will have to weed through all the cruizers and goldwing people and they will be very few vendors displaying sportbikes. But it is still fun. Try this website for a hotel. I have stayed at this place probaly five different times and I like it. They have indoor pool, outdoor pool, big lazy river and several spa's.

www.patricia.com

we went a year ago and stayed in a house for 1200 bux for a week, sleeps 8 and was beach front(the only way to go) plus you have a garage... it was about 1/2 from the giant pier with the 2 bars... then you can ride to north where the parties at but get away when your ready too.. btw i was at the end of "white" (tours, cruserand the beginning of "black"... have fun and hope i see ya there

I usually go the week of "black bike week". It is kind of a pain, but it is usually fun. People really don't mess with you. But just like any other time, you have to keep your eyes on your bike!

I have talked to cops there. And have been during the "Black bike" week as they call it. First they put the National Guard on stand buy during black bike week. Said there are countless bikes stolen and wrecked. It is really a huge mess during that time. There are an ungodly amount of people there and most of them are younger guys. I would love to go for the vendors. But will opt out to stay out of any trouble. Maybe I will jet down for a day visit during "grey" weekend. But dont let them fool you the "white" bike week may not have as many troubles.....but belive me it isnt a pack of nuns on harleys down there. If you go be safe and either have a garage or a really secure trailer and DEFF opt for the full coverge and theft coverage.

My bike is overheating just thinking about the traffic!
laugh.gif
I'll make it down there for that one day, just not this year...
sad.gif

i will be going for black bike week trying to rent a house myself anyone like to hook up email me please time is a factor.

Yep well be there... Staying in Cherry Grove, like we do every Yr. Arriving on the 22 leaving on the 30th... Golf, Gurls, Bike's what more can you ask for...:cool:

I plan on going this year there will be over 300,000 bikes there and tons of stuff to do....Im looking now to reserve my place....does anybody have a time share or know of a good place to stay in Myrtle Beach...if so please let me know asap, and I would like to see if any board members are going...thanks Mick
Man its a blast... Ya there problem every where you go. you act a fool you going to jail.. it just that simple.... you act like you got since, you have the time of your life. i hope a the young silly folks do like there planning and goto miami.. Cherry grove is the place to stay.... Quite, not far from all the action, and safe. no matter where you go, if you dont lock you shyt, it might be missin.. in Chi, Myrtle, Detroit no matter where you always have to be one you P's And Q's.. We going no mater what folks say, This will be my forth Yr. and it gets better every time.

Robbusa.jpg

Sounds good Rob,....Ive been to bike week in Daytona several times and you got to watch your stuff there, never been to Myrtle but have a friend or two that says we need to go for it..so what the hell Im outta here and going to have some fun..just trying to find a good place to stay...and recommendations...thanks

Been the last 3 yrs...Have had a blast every year...Stayed on the Kingston Plantation last year top rated...Had a condo on the beach...I have not experienced a single problem while attending...All the locations that I have stayed had good security esp. the plantation they had real police...Looking slim for me this year...But who knows the "STUNNAH AND THE STUNGUN" just might appear...

Back