Bike twist?

Blacksmith

Registered
Is it normal for your bike to 'twist' on a hard upshift? Twice now I've hit 3rd hard enough to make it feel like the bike twists to the left for a split second. It's only been twice under a really hard twist, the first time was before I had to adjust my chain and the adjusters were just a hair different from left to right but they're dead on now. It hasn't cause me a problem but it is very noticeable and I want to make sure it's not an indication of something wrong

Is it normal for your bike to 'twist' on a hard upshift? Twice now I've hit 3rd hard enough to make it feel like the bike twists to the left for a split second. It's only been twice under a really hard twist, the first time was before I had to adjust my chain and the adjusters were just a hair different from left to right but they're dead on now. It hasn't cause me a problem but it is very noticeable and I want to make sure it's not an indication of something wrong
You may want to go over the bike's chassis pivots and wheel bearings etc.
Check the swingarm bearings and wheel bearings for play, also the steering head bearings, and the axles for looseness or movement.
Just give it a good ol' general check over.

Good advice from @Kiwi Rider but it may be you. Could be that you are twitching your body when you make those aggressive shifts and that causes the movement? All control inputs on the bike should smooth and pretty much effortless. Remember your weight is the most dominant impact of the bike's handling.

No sir it's def something on the bike and seems like is from the rear end somewhere, I'm guessing the swingarm. The best way to describe it is this; it feels like during the hard shift the chain pulls so hard on one side that it causes the wheel to twitch just a hair to the right, making the bike pull left for a split second. I know the swingarm is to stiff to allow that I'm just saying that's the best way to describe it. I'll check bushings and bearings and chassis connections this weekend.

Back