Bike Trail Riding-Hear My Thoughts...

tom2000

Registered
Biketrial is a form of mountain biking derived from motorcycle trials. The rider negotiates man-made and natural obstacles without their feet touching the ground. It originated in Spain and is said to have been invented by Ot Pi's father (a world champion motorcycle trials rider). As it is hard for small children to control motorcycle trials bikes, he had wanted his son to learn and to practice motorcycle trials on an ordinary push bike instead of a motorbike.

At the most basic level, trials riding can be summed up as bicycle handling skills. It evolved from motorcycle trial riding (jumping up, over obstacles, man-made or natural) into an off-season bicycle pastime. It now has a strong — though small — following, and can be seen worldwide. Skills taken from trials riding can be used practically on any bicycle for balance, for example controlled braking and track standing, or balancing on the bike without putting a foot down. Trial bike characteristics include, but are not limited to: powerful brakes, wide handlebars, light parts, low gearing, a thick rear tire that provides grip, a heavy emphasis on frame geometry, and no seat (depending on the make).

Tom

Iv seen them on TV before. Looks like fun but very hard stuff. Is it possible to bike trail ride with a Busa?

:welcome: to the party Tom!

:welcome: sounds cool...seen some vids on youtube, some are pretty insane. I'm way too lazy to pedal anymore, I need a motor:whistle:

Haven't seen it, but it sounds like something to look for.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, the powered version by Julien DuPont in an urban setting:
- urban and freestyle trial in Lyon[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a kid on a bicycle...
- guilherme trial[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back