BIKE TO BIKE

Kassofcmb

Registered
OK I am huge into fooling with stuff I just shouldn't!
Like I said in a different post, A friend and I are going on a trip next week and I figured communication would be nice. So I priced one of those Chatterboxes. HOLY $300!

I bought some cobra FRS/GMRS 2 way radio's from best buy for 29.99 and did this!

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

LOCATE THE SCREWS ON THE BACK SIDE AND UNDER BATTERY COVER AND REMOVE

NOW THE TRICKY PARTS REMOVE THE SPEAKER FROM FRONT HALF OF RADIO (it's glue'd in so take ur time) THEN SOLDER @ WIRES ONTO SPEAKER CONNECTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT BOARD. SET SPEAKER ASIDE.

NOW U HAVE TO CAREFULLY USE UR SOLDERING IRON TO REMOVE THE MIC. SET MIC ASIDE. SOLDER 2 WIRES TO TERMINALS WHERE MIC MIC WAS CONNECTED

NOW CUT A HOLE IN PLASTIC SOMEWHERE FOR WIRES TO RUN THRU AND THEN SOLDER MIC AND SPEAKER TO THEIR WIRES

THEN STUFF IN ANY HELMET OR WHATEVER....LIKE I SAID CHEAP BIKE TO BIKE.....MY RADIO MODELS HAVE VOX BUT HITTINGG A BUTTON ON HELMET IS JUST AS EASY!

tell us how it worked out
thumb_up.gif

How's the wind noise factor with the mic? And can you hear the speaker pretty well? I assume you just stuffed the speaker under the padding? Did you do the same for the mic?

well I pit the mic taped to insider helmet kinda @ the corner of my mouth. Speaker under pad. U can hear the speaker loud and clear. Get a little wind noise. more with shield up less down!

Back