Bike Stolen - 2005 Black GSXR 1000

That sucks
mad.gif

I'm gonna look into LoJack for my 'busa.....
evil.gif

Where was the bike, where was he, and did he have any security on it at all?

Everytime I see something like this I have to ask those 3 questions. It helps others to scrutinise their own actions and hopefully gets them to get rid of that "it won't happen to me" mentality.

Funny you should mention LoJack, I started looking into it a week after getting my bike. $600 to protect a $11,000 investment sounds pretty fair.
what good is lojack when the bike has to be line of site with the satellite.... Usually, they throw the bike in teh back of a truck and the lojack system won't help you if the bike isn't outside...
Even if that was true, they'd have to take it out of the truck at one point or another...

smileyexhibit.gif

Who wants to go to that same place with a high powered rifle with me. I will park my bike outside with no cover on it and when the fuggers show up we can gun them down. I have always wanted to do that. Even set up alittle ways away and see if we can dole out alittle bike justice to these pukes

Where was the bike, where was he, and did he have any security on it at all?
The bike was parked on the street, close to "where he was".

He was in his girlfriend's apartment.

He has a Kryptonite "Fughetabout" NY Chain through the back tire and to an immovable object and a disc lock on the front disc brake.  

It was also covered, so as to not attract to much attention... hmmm.... I guess those who have said this before are right: "If they want it that bad, it doesn't matter how you have it locked down."

There wasn't anything left of it....no cover... no chain parts... nothin'....

I'm totally gettin' the lojack.

I'd DIE waiting 30 days to get my check to buy a new bike.

At least with LoJack, if you get it back in pieces the insurance can hurry up on their end....
Parkwaycycle in Everett installs lojack, but they are scammers.  If you can wait Southshore Motorsports in Quincy is going to install Lojack starting in June.  That's when I'm getting mine.  I'm getting a call from the manager as soon as they finish their training.  I'll be first in line!!!!
That's for sure. I over paid by $600 on my 05 from Parkway. They quoted me $750 for LoJack.

Sorry to hear about the bike stolen. I'm in the area a lot and will also look out for it as well as suspicious sales.

Scott

...that was a good looking bike!!

dayam those stealing bastids
guns.gif

...Sorry about it bro!! I hope the insurence company works on it fast

well here some info for you...typically most ins will only give u 80% of the value of your bike when it was new depending on the mileage that it had when it was stolen.

YOU WILL LOSE ur A$$ on this though. More than likely he will have a balance left to payoff at the bank if u did not put down a big enough deposit. If u paid the bike in full, once again, u will lose ur A$$ on this.

The bike is gone..trust me...this bike has already been stripped, frame trashed, and been parted out for about 2 to 3 K. RARELY are the bikes kept intact unless it literally was a few teens that wanted a bike and couldnt afford it.

Most pro's have the bike stripped in less than 18hrs from the theft.

My friend JUST WENT threw this situation, and i also train some of the Local Police D. in kickboxing and martial arts. We have had many conversations about this...especially since we are so close to mexico.

Sorry to see such a nice bike lifted.

Back