Bike starts sneezing and wont start until abt a mi

Shilpan

Registered
All of the sudden my bike has started sneezing at the cold start. I have even tried with choke. But same. It just keeps sneezing for abt a min and then starts. At a point I also saw FI light blinking once every sec. but when I turned motorcycle off and turned it back on haven’t seen it again. Starter problem still remains though. any short of help is appreciated.

All I hear is knocking when I am trying to start and then after couple of times it hear motor spinning and nothing else. I mean when I give starter it doesn’t kick in but all I hear is motor spin. When I push start it starts right a way.

Soon grasshopper, the guru's will answer
bowdown.gif

Did you just get your exhaust put on ?

I just had mine put on like a month ago, and it now spins like 3 time before it will start. never did it before.

Nah man! Everything is same except I installed a horn over the weekend which runs off the factory horn wiring. That shouldn’t have done this. Evertime I give starter it seems like its slipping and I hear knock in the engine. This keeps happening until after a min it starts.

Define "slipping" like you can hear the starter knocking, but it's not turning over?  Fouled plugs?

And define a "knock" in the engine because those worry me more than anything.  Consistent knock, or just something trying to turn over?  Are the fluids good?

*** I forgot to mention, Suzis are notoriously hellish cold starters. Hell my old Bandit would barely start at all in the cold. THe Busa has some of the same tendencies as the Bandit. Does it have the same problem starting in a warmer situation (like out in the sun for a short time?)

All I hear is knocking when I am trying to start and then after couple of times it hear motor spinning and nothing else. I mean when I give starter it doesn’t kick in but all I hear is motor spin. When I push start it starts right a way.

How many miles on your scoot?

(Shilpan @ Aug. 07 2007,10:54) All I hear is knocking when I am trying to start and then after couple of times it hear motor spinning and nothing else. I mean when I give starter it doesn’t kick in but all I hear is motor spin. When I push start it starts right a way.
Be sure you have a good, fully charged battery. Just because a battery lights the lights up doesn't always mean its good or fully charged. A weak battery won't always start a bike with cranking (even tho it cranks) and can cause the starter to make weird sounds, yet the bike will push start no prob.

Check the battery. If this happens on all cold starts. Hook the battery up to another vehicle for a few minutes and try cranking it and see what happens.

Is this a stock bike
rock.gif

New problem. Now that I know that the starter clutch is bad. I stated starting my bike with a push start. But today morning when I was trying to start my bike my gear clutch wont engage completely. I put in 2nd and tried to roll bike. It was rolling but with lots of resistance unlike yesterday when it rolled like it were in neutral. Now what can this be?

(Shilpan @ Aug. 12 2007,12:11) New problem. Now that I know that the starter clutch is bad. I stated starting my bike with a push start. But today morning when I was trying to start my bike my gear clutch wont engage completely. I put in 2nd and tried to roll bike. It was rolling but with lots of resistance unlike yesterday when it rolled like it were in neutral. Now what can this be?

I did disconnect my battery earlier today though. Could this have done something?
I did disconnect my battery earlier today though. Could this have done something?

Once again-- I think the 02's have a starter clutch recall--if it is not repaired it can break the case somehow.

Back