Bike shutoff without warning

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
While riding around town the other day my 04' shutoff without warning,though the FI light was blinking after it shutoff.
At first i thought i might of hit the engine kill but i didn't.
I waited 30 seconds or so and it fired up no problem, haven't had it happen again. Anyone else have this happen?
I've been trying other maps with my Hindle system on my PC3, could this have any effect? I was using the Muzzy map when it happened.

if it happens again disconnect your pc3 and ride it for a while. I had a cbr600rr that would do the same thing. I would ride it around and then it would die for no reason. if it solves the problem you will have to call dynojet to get a ra # to send the pc3 back in for repair or replacement

I had a bad seal on a gas cap that was causing the bike to vapor lock and stall out (not a Busa).
Took about three times to figure out what the problem was.
Keep opening the gas tank to ensure I had gas... this would temporarliy defuse the problem.
The bike would start back up and ride fine.
Then it would happen again.

Not saying yours is doing this... just something to think about.

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: "additional detail added"|1111464613 -->

I've got a Vortex racing Gascap and base. I used it all last year so i don't think it would be a problem, you never know though.

Yes, it is the PC3usb for sure. Trust me. the FI light WILL blink and you have to turn off the ignition, then on and you can crank it back up. I can't tell you why, only that it is defective. Contact them from the website and they should replace the unit for free.

Paul when did this happen? I saw you today on Broad street, I was on the blue zx-10r. I heard you peep but I wasn't sure if you knew it was me.
tounge.gif

The same happened to me after I had been "tweaking" my PC2. I disconnected it, and rode with the stock ECU till I got home. I plugged it back in, and it never happened again. No idea what happened...

Derek, were'd you get a ZX10? Is the Busa gone?

I thought the Blue jacket looked familiar.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111510358 -->

Derek, were'd you get a ZX10? Is the Busa gone?

I thought the Blue jacket looked familiar.
It was not mine. I am not going to get rid of the busa to get a slower bike.
baaa.gif
I was working on it for a buddy, the bike runs pretty good its got a Akro evo, PC, cams, and thin head gasket. I was on my way to to his house to give it back to him.
biggrin.gif

How's it ride in your opinion? I got to test ride one at Waynes Cycle and it was a blast, the front came up alittle faster than i'm used to but it just was alittle to small for it to be my only bike. It would be a fine second ride, for me.

How's it ride in your opinion?  I got to test ride one at Waynes Cycle and it was a blast, the front came up alittle faster than i'm used to but it just was alittle to small for it to be my only bike. It would be a fine second ride, for me.
The ride was fine. It does lift the front very easy. The only thing I didn't like about it was the throttle was kind of either on or off no real inbetween. The bike handles like a dream it turns in better than any bike I have ever ridden. I also didn't care for the seating position. If you looking for a second bike the 10 would be a good one, the one I was riding is for sale if your interested its on 04 2500 miles, pipe, pc, cams, ect. and he only wants 8K for it.

Back