Bike running too rich?  How do you tell/adjust?

s4play

Registered
A friend of mine was telling me my bike is running WAY TOO RICH because even in this CALI summer, I have to leave my choke on for like 10 min of riding before I can shut it back to normal.

Otherwise the minute I come to a stop and engage my clutch, the bike flames out
deadhorse.gif

How do you adjust the rich / lean mixture on this bike?
rock.gif

Please remember I'm a total newbie and still learning the Hayabusa - heck I don't even know where the battery is on this bike yet!

thanks
rick

The "choke" you are referring to is really only a fast idle. As far as running rich, you'll have to tell us a bit more about your bike. Stock, Power commander, Etc. The Tune may be off or you may have some issues that need to be looked at.

You should sell it, Sounds like you did not take the time to read the manual..
firedevil.gif
I bought the bike WITHOUT a manual sadly.....

My idle is under 1000 rpm's if I put that choke up at stock location.

According to the previous owner the bike is pretty much stock except for the Yoshi R22 slip on pipes.

I have no idea how to adjust the idle speed or any of those things. If the manual teaches that then I would love to get my hands on a copy.

rick

Like said above, your idle is to low... these bikes like 1100 to 1300ish. The sweet spot on mine is 1150 to 1200 rpms. There is a service manual you can download from this site that will tell you more than you will ever want to know about this bike. Run into any snags and your answer is usually no more than a post away!

Back