Bike on the dyno

don't worry dude...i will get some scans on here some how....i just posted my numbers cause i was proud of them...didn't think i would get abunch of bashing about it and calling my a liar....my mods don't sound to far off from carpenters head jobs....same amount of money ...same hp....hmmm....why don't you call carpenter a liar now.....http://www.carpenterracing.com/hayabusa.htm

i talked to the guy at vel tune when i ordered my pipe from him and asked if he heard of any busa's makeing like 180 with a pipe and pc3...he said he heard of some bikes making numbers like that.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm... I'm "the guy" at Veltune and you must have misunderstood something I said. I've never seen, nor claimed to have seen, any factory-stock Busa make 169 (nor 182 with pipe, PC3R, and air box mod). From my experience, those two numbers are about 12 to 14 HP too high!

Dyno Reference

Happy trails...

i talked to the guy at vel tune when i ordered my pipe from him and asked if he heard of any busa's makeing like 180 with a pipe and pc3...he said he heard of some bikes making numbers like that.

Hmmmm... I'm "the guy" at Veltune and you must have misunderstood something I said. I've never seen, nor claimed to have seen, any factory-stock Busa make 169 (nor 182 with pipe, PC3R, and air box mod). From my experience, those two numbers are about 12 to 14 HP too high!

Dyno Reference

Happy trails...[/QUOTE]
Thankyou WarBaby....

dbusa101 will you kindly list your mods to get those numbers?

Sure, No problem, Ive the airbox mod, intake cam, exhaust cam, port and polished head work, 3 Mm big bore kit, Pcr 3 , K@n filter and full 4 into 1 yoshi .

you are so full of B.S. I need boots.
Again with false answers. first your tuner can not tune a TRE with a PC3 now the 03 has a better ecu than the 02,the 02 and 03 have the same ECU so either back it up or F' off and go away

wow.gif
J.C.-- you so to the point
cool.gif

Man I am feeling pretty good about my numbers back in 03. I need to get her dyno'd again and see what she's got now. Maybe next time I'll put 93 octane in her. HE HE HE HE HE!!!!

169rwhp ...on a stocker? Not possible. You'd need a good pipe, filters, pc3, and custom remap to make that sorta power on a GOOD day w/ SAE cf.

I do however believe your bike is making 182rwhp with ALL those mods... but not 200.

I've got a friend with a Busa sporting out the SAME mods as you (cams, headwork, 12.2:1 compression, full pipe, pc3, remap, airbox) PLUS he's got a balanced and lightend crank and pistons (stock bore/stroke)..... His bike made 187rwhp SAE on a DJ250.. that's known to be a few HP on the high side!

As for the 03's being stronger than the earlier models... that's BS as well. Maybe YOUR Busa is a slightly strong one... but not because of any improvements from the factory, you just got lucky (not 169rwhp lucky... but lucky if it's stronger than a lot of other busa's on the same dyno).

Not trying to flame you... but dude, you're posting numbers that NOBODY in the country has even come close to with equal mods or on their stocker.

Johnnycheese,

That don't seem right!

I have an 02 Triumph Sprint ST, been riden with a '97 YZF1000, an '03 R1 and an '02 Busa. I have not been impressed with the R1 when compared to my Sport Tourin bike (although it is a bit faster). The YZF beats me above 130mph; however, Busa literally flies by me...Oh Ya, the Busa rider weighs 300+lbs!!! I have never seen a stock bike move SOOO FAST!!!

Maybe I'm missing something, but what experience do the riders have?

Nice numbers but please excuse all of us that have been there if we are a little skeptical. 99.999 percent of stock Busas are 149-155hp.  Pipes air and PC 169-171hp  etc. etc.  Nice to be in the .0001 percentile though.
Instead of me giving my usual words of wisdom, I'll just jump on the bandwagon with my hero and mentor. The ONE. The ONLY. MR. NINJA Eater...
biggrin.gif

Back