Bike not starting...

easportz

Registered
put over 1000 mile on it this past weekend. got caught in the rain a few time. and went out today to fire is up. turn the key and all the electrical operating normal. pull the clutch and push the ignition button and the headlight turns off (normal) but no ignition... anyone have any thoughts? please help!!

stand up, in neutral... maybe rain got in the controls on the right side and messed up something?

Did you check the clutch switch? If you have after market levers, then dial your clutch lever back to 1 or 2; also, make sure that the two wires on the side of the switch have no play or moisture...

Had the same problem couple days ago. I put mine in 2nd gear and while seating on bike I walked it forward about two step and hit the start Button and it started right up

Check the kick stand switch too.

I was "stuck" at a gas station for like 20 mins one time because I forgot to put the stand up.

Did you check the clutch switch? If you have after market levers, then dial your clutch lever back to 1 or 2; also, make sure that the two wires on the side of the switch have no play or moisture...

Dude, you're a genius... dialed the clutch back 2 and fired right up. I owe you a beer if you are ever in NC!! (especially since I am "not allowed" to spend any more money on the bike for a while :whistle: )Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!:bowdown:

Dude, you're a genius... dialed the clutch back 2 and fired right up. I owe you a beer if you are ever in NC!! (especially since I am "not allowed" to spend any more money on the bike for a while :whistle: )Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!:bowdown:

Just to increase the knowledge base of the site for when people are searching for solutions. Why did this work?

I am planning on getting aftermarket levers and I would like to know what caused this issue in the first place and why moving the dial worked.

Back