Bike not starting

Everserious

Registered
Bike will not start.....it's a 2005...it turns over and will not start, but... when I remove the vacum hose that comes off the trottle body and goes into the IAP sensor...it fires up but runs like crap.If I put the hose back in it shuts off, I did the paper clip thing and it was not showing errors..c00.. I know I'm getting gas and spark... Anyone knows what might be the problem?

how old is the battery on the bike? get it load-tested to make sure if it is still good or not.

I load tested the battery this morning and it was resting on 12.79 when cranked it drop down to 11.74......then I pulled out the vac hose from the IAP sensor it fired up and was charging at 14.60, I'm open to any suggestion anyone might have to help with this problem. Thanks.

I am not convinced it is the battery just yet. What have you changed recently? What was the idle set at?

I load tested the battery this morning and it was resting on 12.79 when cranked it drop down to 11.74......then I pulled out the vac hose from the IAP sensor it fired up and was charging at 14.60, I'm open to any suggestion anyone might have to help with this problem. Thanks.

Sounds like you used a VOLTMETER which is different from a LOAD TESTER. Best of luck with your trouble shooting, hope you get your bike sorted out soon.

P.S. I usually go to my local auto parts store who will load-test a battery for free. If you have none nearby, maybe this DIY can help: LINKY>>> How to Load Test Your Battery

I change the oil and filter,and the spark plugs about 3 weeks ago and it's down about 10 days, also flush and replace coolant during downtime.

Battery has nothing to do with his issue. It cranks with no problems - this is proof.

It's very likely you messed up something when putting it back together. Almost sounds like the air doesn't get in, but when you remove the hose from the TB, the air can get in. Just doublecheck everything.

Did the bike run OK right after you completed the maintenance? What about a small hose you connect at the bottom of the air box - did you re-connect it?

I'd remove the airbox, and double check everything - wiring, hoses. Make sure you didn't mess up the spark plug wires, otherwise the park plugs will be firing at the wrong times.

Yea... my fault ..I serviced the pump before and must of damage the o rings putting ii back together....it worked for a couple of weeks and gave out.... so instead of full pressure to the fuel rail...it was leaking back into the tank.....what to look for if this happens to you.....when ever you disconnect the fuel line from the tank..no fuel should be running out from the tank other than what was in the line..........mine was flowing!!!

Back