Bike Nite

Tool

Registered
Not me! But a guy I hooked up with to go to bike nite took a little spill (He's okay). He's about 25, first bike, bought in Dec. '05 (Kaw. 636). Going through an "S" turn that is posted 20 mph at about 40ish, he decided to leave me through the next turn. Couldn't keep the bike down, laid off the throttle, bike went wide, hit gravel then 2 mediums and then the bike and him parted after he tried to hang on for about 100 ft. Luckly he walked away with a few minor scartches. Bike had little damange, thanks for frame sliders, but had 2 flats, bent front rim, and minor fairing damange by windsheild. Called wife to pick up in truck, and then he still went. what a trooper. The moral of this is do not ride past expectations. Just thought I would share this mishap with ya'll. And I believe he will be a better rider for it. Ride safe everyone!

Glad your friend is okay...probably learned a valuable lesson...

good advise is somtimes learned the hard way
sad.gif
glad he is ok
cool.gif

Always good to learn a lesson from a mistake without doing any permanent damage to a body or a bike...

David

Spoke with him friday night. Is a little sore, but nothing time wont heal. He needs Front & rear rim for his bike if anyone knows where he can get a good used one. '04 kaw 636. Thanks for concerns!

Spoke with him friday night. Is a little sore, but nothing time wont heal. He needs Front & rear rim for his bike if anyone knows where he can get a good used one. '04 kaw 636. Thanks for concerns!

Yes indeed it is good news to hear that he could literally walk away and then still go to the event. I am sure that he will chalk it up as a very serious learning experience.

Back