Bike kinda sounds like a lawnmower or something

KhandyRhedBhusa

Registered
I changed the plugs out. Were a fouled but sounds exactly the same.
sounds like a 500cc lol
its pretty annoying, power is down. it stutters when revving it up too.
what could this be?

Sounds maybe like some cylinders not firing. Maybe some bad wires, ignition etc.. Just a guess though.. Im sure others will chime in!! ???

Cmon, guys! Let him start out with easiest thing. Pull the plugs and make sure they are gapped correctly and make sure that spark coils are pushed down hard enough. This is probably the problem. Otherwise enjoy your 800 cc busa.

Cmon, guys! Let him start out with easiest thing. Pull the plugs and make sure they are gapped correctly and make sure that spark coils are pushed down hard enough. This is probably the problem. Otherwise enjoy your 800 cc busa.

+1 exactly what I was going to say.

Those plug connectors can be a bear to seat all the way down. You have to really push them in hard. You'll feel the plug scrape into place when you have it right. After you put the connector over the plug, you can generally push them down about a quarter inch further, give or take. But it's a definite pressure requirement to get them on right.

Something worth checking.

--Wag--

Dialectic grease is your friend. Use it.

Oh, and check your plugs. Regap. .028

+1 good starting point!

lol 800cc lol
cool i will defiinately start by pushing the down all the way, i just changed them
the ngk cr9e yesterday, I will then follow the hose too, thanks for the tips!!

Start the bike, and then tap the pipes one at a time, and this will tell u which one,s arn,t fireing. Then go from there.

lol 800cc lol
cool i will defiinately start by pushing the down all the way, i just changed them
the ngk cr9e yesterday, I will then follow the hose too, thanks for the tips!!
while your still in there, don't forget to pickup some of that "never cease" for the threads on those plugs. :thumbsup:

LOL thats pretty funny above
I will get some of that grease first
it does not always sound like this
sometimes it will sound clean when revving up
but under load it gargles/sounds bogged down

Okay, I'll bite....

First, all good advice (Except the sticker change....). Fresh plugs, or at least pull and check, regap to .028. Pass on the anti-seize. Can be misleading when seating and tightening. Dielectric, a pea-size glob in the boot of the coil. When seating coils, turn as you feel the clicks until it stops and bottoms out. Put your thumb on the center, and a finger to turn them back and forth until you're sure they're seated. Pull wiring connector onto the coil until you hear the wiring clip "click".

If symptom still exists, run some Berryman Chemtool, BG 44, or seafoam in the gas tank. Might have a leaking, or partially clogged injector.....if plug colors (ceramic centers) are white, or light grey, you may have a clogged injector. At this point, pull all four and send them to RC Engineering in Torrance, Ca. They rock, and will turn them around in 24 hours.

Might help if you'd tell us how many miles on motor, how long since last plug change, is it coming out of hibernation, how often you ride. Stuff like that.... :super:

DAMN, it did not work :( :(
I put that grease on it, and num 4 plug boot was not all the way on it
I did have to use force! but no that did not fix.
can it be the fuel pump??
if i accelerate slow, the bike sounds normal and pic up normal.
but if i use throttle, its like its bogged down.

I have fresh plugs, i did not gapped them i though they were already gapped.
I did reclick the coil wires.

**holy crap! i just watched a video on that seafoam, so that stuff really goes in all holes?? :D
Can someone tell me where to put this stuff, I want to try this! I can get this at autoparts store like autozone or walmart?**

cool i will get it at lunch!! so what vaccum line do i put it? I can put it in the gas and oil, but is it a line off the airbox?? thanks much! :D

oh i have 56.5k miles

Back