bike keeps shutting off

gsxr1300rr

Registered
when i start my busa i use the choke to start it when it warms up i turn it off then when i ride then go to stop the bike shuts off then i start it then it shus off etc. WHY is it doing this? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid question but are you sure you are letting the bike warm up enough before you shut off the "choke" ? Is your bike brand new or have you had it for awhile and it's just started doing this ? Do the RPM's bounce around ? Possibly bad gas ..

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086138749 -->

Give us specifics. What is your idle set at? What mods have been done recently? Anything that we don't know.

well the bike is an 03 last year i added a full system exhaust (hindle titanium) with the full system i haven't ridin the bike because of the weather i am from nyc the idle is set just a lil below 1 rpm yes i let the bike warm up for a good time but when i ride for a long time it does this also

the idle should be above 1050. i have mine at 1100 to ensure good oil pressure. i know some guys set theirs to 1300 rpm. low idle can cause stalling. bump it up a hair and try it again.

Back