Bike Is Jerking Around 3.5k-4.5k Rpms

HoseIRMC

Registered
Just as the title says, my 01 busa is really jerky around 3.5-4.5 RPMs. At first I thought it could be a transmission. Then, well maybe its my clutch. I don't really have any clue what it could be. I've been told maybe its even the ECU but I'm not sure. I do know that I didn't have that problem before I had the piston rings swapped at my local shop but IDT that is it.

Does the engine hesitate when revving or only while moving? How many miles? Does it feel like it could possible have a cylinder missing? The only time that I ever felt my 01 act jerky, I went to do a TB sync and noticed I had a damaged coil -

Hard diagnose with information provided. Could be a simple issue and it may not be, but always start from the last thing you changed before you had an issue. Sounds like from what you provided, reassembly has caused a problem. My guess would be electrical or fuel. Is it burning a lot of oil? Do all cylinders have consistant compression?

Given the information provided, I would assume something happened when you had the work done

Back