Bike falls flat on launch

chunk1340

Registered
I am running a K8 with a Turbo, it made good power on the dyno but falls flat when I go to full throttle off the line.

I'm running the stock ecu and Power commander.

I have Pair block off plates fitted, the pair control solenoid valve is connected to eliminate the FI light, is this correct? should the control solenoid pipes be blocked off/taped over?

.....and will this have an effect on the launch?

Thanks

With the block off plates installed, the pair has no physical affect anymore.

Thanks crawler, I'm just trying to eliminate potential problems as I go through it.

It appears to not like full throttle, the bike went well after messing up a launch where I didnt get to full throttle straight away.

Have you opened it up on a roll in a higher gear? I had an issue with mine once the boost built up to a certain point the bike would die, then after a few seconds would come back. It turned out to be an issue with the port leading up to the wastegate not being large enough and causing the boost to creep and overboost, I didnt have the fuel to compansate and just got lucky that I didnt damage the motor. With that said, I've never heard of this issue with a Velocity turbo and I'm pretty new to the turbo game. Someone with more experience may be able to help you but that's my .02 cents.

Check your fuel pressure and boost pressure. Also, any chance ofgetting it back to the tuner to have him roll it on the dyno and check the a/f again?

sounds like your mapping or fuel pressure settings in that area needs attention

If you have someone near you that can flash the ecu i would advise changing to the ecu editor system with 3 bar map and 1:1 reg, and gear based boost control
its a huge improvement over the fmu/PC option for very little money,

Back