Bike Electrically Dead Issue and Fix

EchoBase

Registered
Hello all,

I had an issue with my 06 Busa this week.
Was doing some work on it and accidentally shorted something out.

Symptoms:

Turn key to "ON" = NOTHING
All fuses under the left side front cover were A OK.

Problem:

30A Fuse to the left older the main seat was blown.

Solution:

Replace the blown fuse with a good 30A fuse.
You need to pull off an opaque piece of plastic that covers it and some main power connections. It is just clipped on in 4 places.
Do not be fooled by the spare 30A fuse just slid in between two pieces of rubber.

Thought I would share this, I really scratched my head until I found this other fuse location.

Cheers!
:beerchug:

I cant even begin to tell you how many of these I fixed over the years.

Common theme almost 50% of the time was, "I just got a new battery and hooked it up, but nothing works." Only to find out the meatball had the +/- wires connected to the wrong terminals. Lol. Pops the main fuse every time!

Common theme almost 50% of the time was, "I just got a new battery and hooked it up, but nothing works." Only to find out the meatball had the +/- wires connected to the wrong terminals. Lol. Pops the main fuse every time!

Ok, this is my first post and noticed this was an old thread but here goes; I have basically the same issue with my 01 Busa. Difference however is that when I turn the ignition, all electrical systems and lights are operable. When I pull the clutch in and engage the start button, nothing. I just changed the plugs prior to this happening and before that it was turning over to start but had weak fuel in it. This is why I changed the plugs and was in the process of dropping the fuel but wanted to see if any of the firing issue would be cleared up. Well, here I am with a Bike I've had since 03, and have had no issue with, now having an issue. I don't think the main fuse is the issue because the other systems seem come on without issue; was hoping that a similar issue could be pointed out before I pull the seat cowl and start checking the relay. The only two connectors I pulled, when doing the plugs seem to be fine and making contact. Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Wanting to get back out there to Enjoy The Ride!
Viper4N

If this is on an '01, it is possible that the clutch switch is bad. There are two connectors on the back side of the clutch switch (underneath left handle bar switch assembly)... jiggle those some and see if you get anything.

This is what your clutch switch looks like:
IMG_3900.JPG

If this is on an '01, it is possible that the clutch switch is bad. There are two connectors on the back side of the clutch switch (underneath left handle bar switch assembly)... jiggle those some and see if you get anything.

This is what your clutch switch looks like:
View attachment 1567809
Thanks for the response, I'll take a look at that this evening. I know electrical components can go out without notice but is this a known issue for that switch? Thanks again for the assist; I'll brief back to let you know what I found.

Having the same problem now, where is the 30a fuse and how do I get to it? I have looked and looked

Back