bike does nothing

lookerqq

Registered
i was putting my battery up. not paying attention i hooked it up backwards. now it does absoulutely nothing. no power at all. i checked the fuses under the left dash panel they were all good, does anybody have any idea what else it could be?

Check fuse on side of starter relay it's a quick short fuse...30 amps there is a spare there to use..replace the spare though asap..

hey i have the same sort of issue... my gps lead wire shorted and blew the main fuse so i replaced the fuse but had to jump start it (car was not running)
i immediately drove it for 40mins but then it wouldnt start again without push starting it.

it had ignition but wouldnt turn the engine over... so i bought a new battery hooked it up today and when i turned the key on there was ignition (trouble lights etc) till i hit the starter button
then... the ignition and headlamp went out and theres no ignition or anything now!

the battery registers 13v when the key is off and .6 with the key on.

the main fuse is still good
but i am a wreck
please someone help me trouble shoot this.

thanks
-chad
chadhuskey1@gmail.com

Last edited:
continuing on my quest... when i remove and install the main fuse, the gauges run thru their test cycle

the lead from the battery (to the black module the main fuse plugs into) registers 12.9v going in
12.9v on both sides of the main fuse
and 0.0 on the wire lead going away from the black module (with key on or off is still 0v)

also note im no longer getting any voltage change with key on or off

still no idiot lights or ignition ever

Last edited:
ok the "module" apparently is the starter relay
it tested ok when energized... its functional

the other fuses are all good

im miffed and frustrated

still no ignition or idiot lights

ok so i left the brand new battery from batteries plus unhooked last night and its registering 10v today so im thinking it may be bad

i put the old battery back in and now im getting idiot lights again :banana:
and she will turn over just not fast enough to start

moral of my story; you just cant trust a new battery and freaking out didnt help :spank:
i spent 8+ hours troubleshooting wiring before i started to think the new battery may be bad

off to iron pony for another new battery (and to batteries plus to return one)

Sucks but glad it turned out all right for you...
Also glad I got to learn a good lesson at your expense:laugh:

ha ha :)
i just bought and installed a bikemaster tru gel battery from ironpony (apparently they have them in stock) and it fired right up :cool:

i could kick myself for not being more calm... i was just sure i fried the computer or something

now to install the rostra cruise control,
may as well since its 40percent apart already

Back