Bike deaths down 25% in CA this year.. Good going guys!

could be there are less bikers :dunno: We got less Mantee's getting killed in the water by boats only cause there are so few left.

That's an easy one Bogus. California is in such financial ruins that only 50% of the riders can afford to ride!

I was surprised to see that 7 out of 10 fatal crashes were the fault of the rider. I would have thought the percentage would be higher.

PSA's are up on CA television. That is something WA State or most others could give a sh!t about.

That's an easy one Bogus. California is in such financial ruins that only 50% of the riders can afford to ride!

I was surprised to see that 7 out of 10 fatal crashes were the fault of the rider. I would have thought the percentage would be higher.
I am going to venture to say that if "speed" is a factor with the bike? they move the blame... sure does not fix the guy turning left in front of you but I suppose if you are going 40 instead of 80, you stand a better chance huh?

50% cant afford to ride... WRONG... I thought CA had a "right to ride" law? if you can not afford insurance, gas or a bike, they give it to you for free?

:whistle:

why do you think that is..common no BS! is it decrease in riders? increase in riders taking msf's rider course? public service announcements/psa's? what is it? we are working on a "share the road" campaign in wyo. need all the input we can get.

want to get permission to use this commercial as a psa in wyoming.

- Think! - Crash[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this one is up to run next month.

we are working with the city council here in casper, showed them this commercial, they all liked, when i asked them for $$ to get it on tv, i got a big NO WAY!. :rofl: wonder why???:whistle:

50% cant afford to ride... WRONG... I thought CA had a "right to ride" law? if you can not afford insurance, gas or a bike, they give it to you for free?

:whistle:

Hey, now I see why the new administration is following California's politics for the entire country! I'm not buying a new bike, I'll just wait for the guvment to pay fur it!

why do you think that is..common no BS! is it decrease in riders? increase in riders taking msf's rider course? public service announcements/psa's? what is it? we are working on a "share the road" campaign in wyo. need all the input we can get.

want to get permission to use this commercial as a psa in wyoming.

- Think! - Crash[/url]

If you are truely interested in lowering the number of crashes/deaths on two wheels in Wyoming, require more training. Require a safety class on an annual basis to keep their MC license active. They require that with a pilot's license, why not with MC license. They are both equally deadly without proper training.

Require the training to be performed on a closed track instead of a parking lot. Without proper training, the PSA's will do little if anything to decrease the number of crashes. The lion's share of MC deaths are single bike crashes! Teach them how to make good decisions, pick proper lines, etc. How may bikers do you know that know how to brake? I'd guess less than 5%?

I would have to agree, I know the PSA's do not influence my driving at all..

My guess is it is rider awareness that does the most good.. Good riders always have an out and can use them when ever needed... the better the rider? the less likely to get squashed I figure..

The whole parking lot training thing does very little I think.. real conditions with real threats are a lot better teacher I bet...

equip helmets with one way communications at a minimum.. Put a seasoned well trained rider in the lead and another on sweep and run your students through real world conditions and verse them on what you are looking at, why and where you are positioned on the road...

I think in time, it takes a lot less effort and they will pick correct lanes etc out of instinct instead of impulse... Probably way too $$ for most but what is a single dead bike rider worth...

Back