Bike Damage Continued....

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so for those of you who dont know what happend. I shipped my bike from Florida to San Diego CA. It took them aprox 2weeks to ship my bike. After I got it here, the bike was damaged, cosmetic's wise.

No big deal, I got the estimate on my bike for 2,900$. I picked it up from lee's cycles so I could have my bike to ride. Its my primary mode of transportation. I have it here at the barracks and I'm cleaning my bike and I notice something odd about the rear fender.

On the normal part of the fender, it was nice and glossy; the "other part" was not. It was rough and dull looking. I didnt notice this at first, so I just thought "Oh, no big deal....the butt monkey's that shipped my bike rubbed the clear coat off right here with a pad or something." WRONG! I took it back to Lee's Cycle's and he was like "Oh yeah, I saw that when you first brought it up here, I thought you did the patch job."

"Patch job?" i say.... He replies: "yeah, I thought you patched this hole here your self.."
WOW! I wanted to kill some ****ing terd that shipped my bike. These cheap bastid's had some how managed to punch a hole in my rear faring, pulled it back threw, bondoed it, sanded it down, smoothed it out, taped it off, and used a paint that matches perfectly. But they didnt blend it or anything, nor apply any clear coat there.

So there you have it, poopy shipping in a nut shell. My new estimate is roughly 3,400$. Anyways, DONT SHIP YOUR BIKE THREW THE MILITARY!

dayum brother, the worst thing is bad luck travels in threes.

Hang in there.

Fixing the hole might explain the two week time frame for a 5 day shipment!

When i moved from Cali to Texas 3 years ago, the guy that was loading the semi truck was all done loading the boxes. We had talked several times throught out the day and he asked me about my motorcycle and if he was shipping it or not. I said HELL NO i'm not putting my bike on that truck. After he loaded all my stuff there was a VERY small space between the box that had my mattress and some other small boxes... he says you sure you dont want me to ship your bike for you... I GOT ROOM??!! I looked at him dead in the eye and said, "your on crack" he looked at me funny and closed the door and drove away. My stuff arrived in Texas 1 week later and wouldnt you know it... a bunch of my furniture was broken... all i could think about when they were unloading my broken furniture was the last thing he said to me "I GOT ROOM". Never will the military move my bike unless its going overseas.

Just remember the Military bids out all their moving contracts to the LOWEST Bidder (now you know why) that fits their required contract profile ! Still stinks  
mad.gif

Just be glad you don't Command a Small Military Plant, I went through 5 Security firms (all went bankrupt) in my last Command ! And I know the next one wasn't any better  
wink.gif

The military will not ship any of my bikes. Hae been lucky with very little damage in most moves, but still wouldn't trust it. Do a DITY and get paid for it.

(BigBSBusa @ Sep. 07 2006,00:16) The military will not ship any of my bikes.  Hae been lucky with very little damage in most moves, but still wouldn't trust it.  Do a DITY and get paid for it.
Thats what i did, got paid for a partial DITY move cause i towed my bike from Cali to Texas. Spent $200 on a trailer hitch for the minivan but it has definatly gotten used since its install!

Back